• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Home page Flash news box: keep?

Should the homepage "Today on cyclingnews.com" Flash box be removed?

• Who cares? It doesn't matter.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Since the other poll deadline is long gone and the Flash box is still there, I am starting a new thread/poll on this issue.

At the top left of the current cyclingnews.com home page there is a large Flash box entitled "Today on cyclingnews.com".

I find this box to be very distracting, redundant, useless and that it simply clutters the page. One of the biggest problems with the home page is that there is no clear point of focus, and this box is a big cause of that.

I think the page would be greatly improved if this box was removed, moving everything else up higher on the page.

What do you think?

A

Anonymous

well last time i voted get rid of it..
this time, i voted i dont care..

i dont go to the website anymore..

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Be nice!

Come on - masquerading opinion as insulting fact is not helping.

However, I'm not loving the Flash - I prefer the columns of the non-Flash version.

I think you're doing a good job of migrating from a slightly bizarre structure that everyone was used to, to a more normal news site structure.

Keep it up.

Mar 12, 2009
www.actvets.cc
I had not been to the site in quite a while but was looking for some results that I could not find elsewhere and this was the last resort. Actually a lot easier then the privious rolling thing and has a much smaller impact on the download speed.

Mar 12, 2009
www.actvets.cc
James Jordan said:
I had not been to the site in quite a while but was looking for some results that I could not find elsewhere and this was the last resort. Actually a lot easier then the privious rolling thing and has a much smaller impact on the download speed.

ah great the stupid flash carosal is back. How could they improve things and then go backwards.

I am really starting to get ****ed with the **** poor attatude that the owners of this website seem to have for its readership. Have you noticed that they no longer even try and respond to complaints or user comments on the forum.