Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 126 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Schackman(sp) attacks pulls about a dozen with a gap to the peloton which has been partially reduced.
Cattano attacks this break easing out some.

Break is breaking up with peloton closing.

Last edited:
I am going to watch the final part of the stage later but great to see Vine winning this, it seems that UAE offers him the right environment to go from stage hunter to a GC stage racer.

I agree that the route was also a success, 4 GC relevant stages in 6 days is more than what could be hoped for.

The stage needed one more lap - The prologue was the deciding factor and it's a pity it rained - Overall a good parcours which was raced aggressively by the peleton.
The prologue definitely helped open-up the race and had a positive outcome on the race dynamics, it was a great addition in my view. I think saying it was the decisive factor might be misleading.

The two stronger riders were clearly S.Yates and Vine, and they were 1-2. Then you had a pool of Bilbao, O'Connor, Hindley, Schmid... which rotated on the different stages as best of the rest.

Promising performance by Tiberi throughout the week, his best ever in a WT race.
I think this route suited him perfectly as he has been good on similar courses in Tour de Hongrie and Coppi e Bartali.

He also started well last year in the Etoile de Bessenges, where he was caught out on the first two stages but ended the race really well there finishing 3rd and 8th on the last two stages. No GC-points that time though because of losing time on first two stages where there was echelons, if I am not mistaken.

It is difficult to value this performance right now. A confidence boost at least and something to build further on. For me, I want to see him climb a little better in the mountains but he seems good enough for hillier type of routes and races right now.

The prologue definitely helped open-up the race and had a positive outcome on the race dynamics, it was a great addition in my view. I think saying it was the decisive factor might be misleading.
There were 12 seconds between Vine and Yates in the prologue, and 11 in the end: there was no other stage when there was time between them. It was very much decisive.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS