• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How can I watch Omloop from the US?

Feb 25, 2022
Visit site
I would like to watch Omloop (and other spring races) on my laptop in the US. I like Europort and GCN+, but I've tried in the past to VPN in, but when I go to pay it knows my credit card is from the US and blocks me. Has anyone been able to get Eurosport/GCN+ coverage from the US? I like the Eurosport and GCN commentators. Thanks very much for any info/advice. Regards, George

Reactions: Sandisfan
I’m assuming most folks in US would just prefer to use GCN, but if it doesn’t cover a smaller race and you’re using a VPN, a good alternative is the French -language broadcast on Belgian RTBF.be I needed to register with them but did not have to pay a subscription. I got my subscription to Eurosportplayer a long time ago and apparently it still is okay with it. I notice my address is there listed as Seattle, WA, France :)

flobikes.com

Pretty much everything is on either GCN or Flobikes. If it's not it has been on NBC Sports which now those ones are on an assortment of cable channels I believe.

Edit: There's also a page on USA cycling that's actually on Page 1 of the forums. Here you go: https://forum.cyclingnews.com/threads/cycling-on-usa-tv.34455/page-15
Noooooo!!!!!!!!!
FLowbikes is 100% garbage

Buy GCN plus
buy NordVPN (its like $3/month)

Then you can watch bascially every bike race all year long

I would like to watch Omloop (and other spring races) on my laptop in the US. I like Europort and GCN+, but I've tried in the past to VPN in, but when I go to pay it knows my credit card is from the US and blocks me. Has anyone been able to get Eurosport/GCN+ coverage from the US? I like the Eurosport and GCN commentators. Thanks very much for any info/advice. Regards, George
GCN plus is available pretty much anywhere, you should buy it without a vpn so your credit card matches the country you are logged in from.
Once you have it, if content is not available in US, THEN use the vpn to connect to UK or whatever and then open GCN plus and you can view the content.

GCN plus is probably the best value for money i spend on anything

GCN plus is available pretty much anywhere, you should buy it without a vpn so your credit card matches the country you are logged in from.
Once you have it, if content is not available in US, THEN use the vpn to connect to UK or whatever and then open GCN plus and you can view the content.

GCN plus is probably the best value for money i spend on anything
From the looks of it though, Omloop is not on the GCN+ broadcast schedule in the US for Sat, which is what the OP is asking about. GCN seems to cover everything Eurosport has the broadcast right to. But that’s not everything. For instance, in France, L’Équipe is the broadcast outlet for Omloop tomorrow rather than Eurosport.fr Occasionally France3 has the rights. Does GCN+ manage to show the non-Eurosport coverage for their U. S. audience? I probably wouldn’t switch to it but I have cycling fan friends would definitely be interested,

From the looks of it though, Omloop is not on the GCN+ broadcast schedule in the US for Sat, which is what the OP is asking about. GCN seems to cover everything Eurosport has the broadcast right to. But that’s not everything. For instance, in France, L’Équipe is the broadcast outlet for Omloop tomorrow rather than Eurosport.fr Occasionally France3 has the rights. Does GCN+ manage to show the non-Eurosport coverage for their U. S. audience? I probably wouldn’t switch to it but I have cycling fan friends would definitely be interested,
yes but with a $3/mth vpn you can see oomloop and everything else ever on gcn plus

Reactions: jaylew
Omloop is streamed for free by Sporza on their website. You can get a VPN with unlimited data per country for 2 $/m (windscribe.com -> Build A Plan). Of course you can use a VPN for any other country if you don't understand Dutch and know a different webbased broadcaster in any country that does so in English.

Mar 25, 2022
Visit site
You can also buy a Namechip VPN, I use it often! Excellent VPN! But I am often busy in plastic surgery here cosmetic practice and I don't have much time! But here I found many answers on this forum!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022
Visit site
You can also buy a Namechip VPN, I use it often! Excellent VPN!
Thanks for the info. I use windscribe vpn myself, but I'm always looking for information on the best options.
I now want to buy a new TV. However, I don't have enough money to buy it right away. I'm thinking of taking out a TV loan. But first I need to improve my credit score. I found here https://fitmymoney.com/credit-repair/ great information to improve the rating. I think this method is ideal for buying premium TVs and home theaters. I am now thinking of buying Samsung or Sony.

Last edited:
2 helpful things..first for reasons not just bike racing,a good VPN service cures most problems..and I have not used it this year but steephill tv usually has a feed of two that will work..and regular searches often turn up a non English language broadcast..
I started doing what you suggest, and of course I don't know any language other than English. And even listening to some of the announcers on Euro-sport is about the same to me as a foreign language.! But, I'm pretty much lost without having some announcing telling me what is happening. That is where text updates from cyclingnews.com can help.

I watched Paris-Roubaix that way. I found a Spanish television channel that streamed it right off their website, no charge and no registering. I VPN'ed into a computer in Spain and watched it that way while reading the text updates.

I would do it again. And it helped me become more aware of what was happening during the race than relying on an announcer for everything.

I’m assuming most folks in US would just prefer to use GCN, but if it doesn’t cover a smaller race and you’re using a VPN, a good alternative is the French -language broadcast on Belgian RTBF.be I needed to register with them but did not have to pay a subscription. I got my subscription to Eurosportplayer a long time ago and apparently it still is okay with it. I notice my address is there listed as Seattle, WA, France :)

I love that.

Aug 10, 2022
Visit site
I would like to watch Omloop (and other spring races) on my laptop in the US. I like Europort and GCN+, but I've tried in the past to VPN in, but when I go to pay it knows my credit card is from the US and blocks me. Has anyone been able to get Eurosport/GCN+ coverage from the US Texas? I like the Eurosport and GCN commentators. Thanks very much for any info/advice. Regards, George

George, I feel your pain! I've been trying to watch Omloop from the US for years and have never been able to figure it out. Try using a VPN service that has servers in Europe. This will allow you to connect to Eurosport from the US. Good luck! I hope you're able to watch the race!

TRENDING THREADS