• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How did you get the nickname "The Hog"?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
he got the nickname the hog, because the choof/chaff bag of PEDs and amphetamines, the uppers the downers, Hog had his nose into his and took all the drugs.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hog, too Eurotrash for even Eva Maria

johan%20bruyneel.jpg

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
"But getting back to this secret sauce, as you call it. It's not specific to cycling or cyclists - It really can apply to all different areas of life - from sports to business to just life in general. Now sure you need to factor in talented riders, training and race strategy - but I really think the X factors are leadership, management, teamwork, communication, innovation, etc. I think these attributes have really separated us from our competitors."

I thought it was just a higher cadence?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
CNA: You retired at 34 in 1998 and then immediately dominated the Tour de France from 1999 as the manager. What is the secret sauce that you added to dominate for the next 12 years with Lance and then Alberto?

JB: Do you really expect me to tell you the secret sauce? Actually that sauce is public knowledge nowadays
- It's in my book "We Might as Well Win." For your audience, it's available in Australia, Japan and I'm hoping that one day it's in China. As it relates to the book, China is my main goal because there really are some valuable lessons, not only for cyclists, but people in general. So if you or any of your readers have connections in the Chinese publishing market, please contact me via my website. But getting back to this secret sauce, as you call it. It's not specific to cycling or cyclists - It really can apply to all different areas of life - from sports to business to just life in general. Now sure you need to factor in talented riders, training and race strategy - but I really think the X factors are leadership, manage

I lol'd.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
he got the nickname the hog, because the choof/chaff bag of PEDs and amphetamines, the uppers the downers, Hog had his nose into his and took all the drugs.

someone should have told the hog this, he doesn't seem to be aware of it :eek:

craig1985 said:
CNA: What is the secret sauce that you added to dominate for the next 12 years with Lance and then Alberto?

JB: Do you really expect me to tell you the secret sauce? Actually that sauce is public knowledge nowadays

I lol'd.

coffee. on. screen. :D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
CNA: You retired at 34 in 1998 and then immediately dominated the Tour de France from 1999 as the manager. What is the secret sauce that you added to dominate for the next 12 years with Lance and then Alberto?

- It's in my book "We Might as Well Win." For your audience, it's available in Australia, Japan and I'm hoping that one day it's in China. As it relates to the book, China is my main goal because there really are some valuable lessons, not only for cyclists, but people in general. So if you or any of your readers have connections in the Chinese publishing market, please contact me via my website. But getting back to this secret sauce, as you call it. It's not specific to cycling or cyclists - It really can apply to all different areas of life - from sports to business to just life in general. Now sure you need to factor in talented riders, training and race strategy - but I really think the X factors are leadership, manage

I lol'd.

All my life I have been a failure and now it has become crystal clear why.
I have never read any of LA's or JB's books.
Man after reading the above marketing fodder spewed forth by JB I am now going to have to run out and find this jewel.
Business world lookout because I now will be armed with Johan Bruyneel's secret sauce.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
8 Seconds said:
Man after reading the above marketing fodder spewed forth by JB I am now going to have to run out and find this jewel.
Business world lookout because I now will be armed with Johan Bruyneel's secret sauce.

good answer. its sorta explains exactly why you are a failure, have been and will be.

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
...JB: For your audience, it's available in Australia, Japan and I'm hoping that one day it's in China. As it relates to the book, China is my main goal because there really are some valuable lessons, not only for cyclists, but people in general.

JB to China - "big country, but stlll a lot to learn" :eek:

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
8 Seconds said:

You can read most of it for free here.
http://books.google.com/books?id=-v...we+might+as+well+win&cd=1#v=onepage&q&f=false

If the Landis accusations are true, it will make every company that paid Bruyneel big money to explain his success look REALLY bad. And all the poor schmoes who bought Carmichael's books, especially The Lance Armstrong Performance Plan, which I read, but was apparently missing a few key chapters.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Rip:30 said:
"But getting back to this secret sauce, as you call it. It's not specific to cycling or cyclists - It really can apply to all different areas of life - from sports to business to just life in general. Now sure you need to factor in talented riders, training and race strategy - but I really think the X factors are leadership, management, teamwork, communication, innovation, etc. I think these attributes have really separated us from our competitors."

I thought it was just a higher cadence?

Nah, higher cadence is so early 2000's. Now it's "aggregated marginal improvements:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys my post was written tongue in cheek.
I am not a failure. Nor do I have any desire to read anything
written by either Lance Armstrong or Johan Bruyneel. Maybe I might
if I need a good laugh.

I don't really care what JB's secret sauce is, nor do I think it will make
anyone successful. Unless they are prepared to sell their soul.