• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How efficient is blood doping, seriously

Information is rather hard to find.
A recent report from the ACSM puts the figure at 4-11% for blood doping taken alone.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/716353

That study seems to be based 10 or so studies of the subject.

I also found a 1991 study (abstracts) by Ekblom and Berglund saying that for equivalent results in terms of increased Hct, blood transfusion (fast acting) and RhEPO injections (6weeks total) give the same gain in VO2 max. In that case an increase of Hct from 44% to 49.7% gave an 8% increase in VO2max.

Most relevant articles on the subject are impossible to access for free.

Please help me gather more information

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Le breton said:
I also found a 1991 study (abstracts) by Ekblom and Berglund saying that for equivalent results in terms of increased Hct, blood transfusion (fast acting) and RhEPO injections (6weeks total) give the same gain in VO2 max. In that case an increase of Hct from 44% to 49.7% gave an 8% increase in VO2max.

You do know there were many riders in both peletons in Flanders & Paris-Roubaix with higher VO2max's than Cancellara, yet finished way down the pecking order.

So how does VO2max relate too modern cycling???... considering the fact, that quality (VO2max) which so many have over Cancellara are failing.

In other words, how great is EPO???. Its boosting VO2max, well yeah, but thats irrelevant & Cancellara has just proved it.

Next. Why boost VO2?. Cancellara proved it doesn't need boosting.

Guys had it boosted, but lost heavily in the Classics..

EPO! Fail!.

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
RhEPO injections increase Hct from 44% to 49.7% gave an 8% increase in VO2max.

AND???...

Does that mean your going to beat Cancellara.

Only in there EPO dreams.

Answer me this. Does Flecha doing RhEPO injections win the Paris-Roubaix?
Nope he still loses out to Hushovd.

Green Tea said:
You do know there were many riders in both peletons in Flanders & Paris-Roubaix with higher VO2max's than Cancellara, yet finished way down the pecking order.

So how does VO2max relate too modern cycling???... considering the fact, that quality (VO2max) which so many have over Cancellara are failing.

In other words, how great is EPO???. Its boosting VO2max, well yeah, but thats irrelevant & Cancellara has just proved it.

Next. Why boost VO2?. Cancellara proved it doesn't need boosting.

Guys had it boosted, but lost heavily in the Classics..

EPO! Fail!.

I'm sorry but I'm getting old and my memory is going, what name were you posting under before when you were doing this whole honked on EPO, EPO fail etc shtick? I wish I could remember cause it was some funny stuff and I'd like to go back and read it again. Can you refresh my memory?

I said SERIOUSLY

Green Tea said:
RhEPO injections increase Hct from 44% to 49.7% gave an 8% increase in VO2max.

AND???...

Does that mean your going to beat Cancellara.

Could you translate that into english for me? What is your native language?
I guess you did not understand what I was asking for :
ME WANTS STUDIES DONE IN LABORATORIES

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I'm sorry but I'm getting old and my memory is going, what name were you posting under before when you were doing this whole honked on EPO, EPO fail etc shtick? I wish I could remember cause it was some funny stuff and I'd like to go back and read it again. Can you refresh my memory?

Nope! Just the Paris-Roubaix was a VO2 fail, hence the EPO fail for which enhances VO2.

Did you see Cancellara in the last 10k?. Was the guy breathing?. Didn't look like it. If he enhanced VO2 anymore via EPO, damn the guy would have keeled over & stopped breathing.

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Le breton said:
Could you translate that into english for me? What is your native language?
I guess you did not understand what I was asking for :
ME WANTS STUDIES DONE IN LABORATORIES

I'm just stating the fact. If Flecha was honked to the gills hes still going to lose out to a clean Cancellara & Hushovd thats all.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:

He was Deadlift, then he was banned. He shortly came back as "Raise of the dead" Now he is back as Green tea.

That incomprehensible babble is recognizable in seconds.

Race Radio said:
He was Deadlift, then he was banned. He shortly came back as "Raise of the dead" Now he is back as Green tea.

That incomprehensible babble is recognizable in seconds.

clipperton
Junior Member Join Date: Jan 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

howdy all, first time poster. the part of this whole thing that amazes me the most as something of a cycling neophyte is that deadlift has clearly proven not only that doping still occurs but also that the evidence is right there for us all to see. well, to hear actually. i'd always wondered what those incessant horns were on the telly when the climbs were underway, now i know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlift
...the guys honked up on it.

...if your going to start honking EPO/HGH etc

...When Millar was a honking doper

...a honking doper like Riis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of the Dead
Success isn't guaranteed by honkers

i'll get my coat.

Oh yes now I remember it all.:D

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
--oisin-- said:
Read a physiology book, 6.5 hour long races are aerobic

Aerobic?. Who you trying to fool. The sprinters are ruling the roost, ohh, & these guys aren't even suffering or breathing heavily.

I think its you guys that need to do the reading.

Seems to me the classics are more anaerobic. Strength & power.

I will tell you who is "aerobic", Flecha. And he got pasted.

His VO2 got pasted & if he supplemented it with EPO, that would have got pasted too. Aerobic. Old news.

Green Tea said:
Aerobic?. Who you trying to fool. The sprinters are ruling the roost, ohh, & these guys aren't even suffering or breathing heavily.

I think its you guys that need to do the reading.

Seems to me the classics are more anaerobic. Strength & power.

I will tell you who is "aerobic", Flecha. And he got pasted.

His VO2 got pasted & if he supplemented it with EPO, that would have got pasted too. Aerobic. Old news.

It is probably time to roll this out again.
e9hf95.jpg

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I told you, I would rather be a troll & give credit where credit is due rather than be a hater that is behind the times who puts every success down to doping.

Absolute rubbish.

Get with the times. Might do you well to get down to the gym once in a while, do more for your bike riding than EPO ever would. Increase what EPO enhances, VO2. You ain't gonna be no Cancellara.

Oh no wait a minute. I need to crank the bike 12 hours a day & do EPO. GT contention awaits, lol....

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I said.

There were guys with higher VO2's in the both peletons than Cancellara.

EPO/Doping in general enhances VO2.

Cancellara beats higher VO2's.

Now what???...

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I thought EPO/blood doping had a bigger affect on recovery. You could recover faster from each day of racing and stay fresh in long stage races. Does it just insta-boost your VO2 max when you use it even without doing the work?

TRENDING THREADS