• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How "Good" Is Womens Racing?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Skip Madness said:
You can at the Ronde van Vlaanderen, Flèche Wallonne, Tour de Romandie time trial, Memorial Davide Fardelli or the Chrono des Nations, plus lots of national championships.

I meant on tv as most of the fans watching it by the road dont really see how the race is won- hence starting to like some riders, get more interested. They just see the riders pass.

Again I meant live on tv. If the Giro donne is live on eurosport its popularity here would increase. On youtube its a different story.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I meant on tv as most of the fans watching it by the road dont really see how the race is won- hence starting to like some riders, get more interested. They just see the riders pass.
Ah I see. At least we do get the British nationals now. It's not much but it's a start.
Again I meant live on tv. If the Giro donne is live on eurosport its popularity here would increase. On youtube its a different story.
It's been a source of continued frustration for many of us that Eurosport (or ITV4, or whoever) don't stick the Giro highlights on after that day's Tour coverage, since that's exactly what happens in Italy.

Even if they don't do it that day, they could at least do it with a day's delay or something, giving them ample time to take RAI's coverage and overdub commentary into the various languages. With the Volta ao Algarve they just took the Portuguese coverage, blanked out the original commentary and inserted their own, very hastily dubbed deal. I guess that may make it seem unprofessional, however, which wouldn't be ideal after the effort they go to for the Tour; it's better than the status quo though. It doesn't seem like such a big deal for a quick highlights package of a small February race when the channel is focusing on other things, but some shoddy-looking coverage (or poorly-presented, since RAI's coverage is usually top notch) is obviously a better solution than no coverage at all.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I find the tactics, or often lack of tactics, can make for entertaining racing.

this.

I watch it if I get the chance, can be very entertaining stuff.. Eurosport occasionally show some coverage, not live.

I find it difficult to enjoy any sports with women (no offense), as it can be painful to watch ( the soccer/football really annoys me). But women cycling is quite good. The only other women sport I don't mind watching with women is tennis.. And beach volleyball :p