• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

how long before Sagan trips the tripwire

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Boswell's numbers for Mt. Baldy:

Mount_Baldy.jpg

http://www.teamsky.com/teamsky/features/article/53005#gXBV2hZwHGLMs8rA.97

Averaging not even 5w/k.

Re: Re:

Alex Simmons/RST said:
Whether or not it's HC is debatable, but it's hardly an easy ride.

Comparison with Ad'H:

http://www.socalvelo.com/sub/mount_baldy_road.htm

that's not the same approach they used this year (or any year as I'm aware) in the ToC. They approach from GMR and GRR before connecting to Mt Baldy Rd at Mt Baldy village. Your link describes the ride straight up from the bottom of Mt Baldy. It's true that GRR has some rolling terrain, but the overall stats appear pretty beefy to me.

Re:

dwyatt said:
Sagan has been ludicrous this tour, i think him and contador must have switched suitcases on the first day or something

You see most of the guys in the break he is with are nothing special often right? They all must have switched suitcases with your theory then.

BTW, he is likely being tested nearly every day with all of the 2nd place finishes he's had, they are always tested...doesn't mean after hours there isn't something...but not really, he's done this for years now. Nothing new this kid.

Re: Re:

zigmeister said:
dwyatt said:
Sagan has been ludicrous this tour, i think him and contador must have switched suitcases on the first day or something

You see most of the guys in the break he is with are nothing special often right? They all must have switched suitcases with your theory then.

BTW, he is likely being tested nearly every day with all of the 2nd place finishes he's had, they are always tested...doesn't mean after hours there isn't something...but not really, he's done this for years now. Nothing new this kid.
This is the TdF, not ToC. The guys in the break in stage 16 for example, included at least 12 GT stage winners, 2 podium finishers and another 5-6 top 10's :confused: Sagan is in dynamite form, even for him.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Greipel admits Sagan is probably the greatest genetic masochist of the peloton.

Andre Greipel @AndreGreipel
My opinion after today.@petosagan is the strongest rider with the highest pain level @letour. We are proud to be able to contest 4 a while!

Re:

doperhopper said:
Greipel admits Sagan is probably the greatest genetic masochist of the peloton.

Andre Greipel @AndreGreipel
My opinion after today.@petosagan is the strongest rider with the highest pain level @letour. We are proud to be able to contest 4 a while!

Ha !! and thats from Greipel - the most hideous version of steroids on a road bike.

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
He seems to waste energy quite a bit, like he can't help himself. Shades of Jalabert.

But what gets to me is how ugly he looks on a bike - like a bow legged commuter.