• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How many more GT's will Contador win?

How many more GT's will Contador win?

• More than 6 (vino level)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It's a pretty simple question.

Maybe in the comments be a bit precise in which GT's exactly he'll still win.

I think he'll still have 5/6 years on a high level. The last year he always stopped racing after the tour, that should benefit him when he's getting older, he doesn't overrace it.

I think he'll win a GT each year without bad luck, he can even win more than 1 in 1 year.

I'm going to say 7.

In the previous 6 years he won 7 GT's, so yeah it's possible

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
2013 - A bit tough I think the Tour will be a bit of lottery and it will be very tight. I would say his chances of winning are just not sufficient enough for me to predict him as the winner, as he has a lot of rivals who could come good and beat him if he is not on top form. I dont see him racing any other GTs and if he does race the Vuelta he will probably be too fatigued.

2014- 1, hopefully he will race the Giro and win that or maybe even the Vuelta.
2015 + 0, Too much of a lottery at that age and that far into the future to predict whether he will have declined somewhat or not.

Total: 1

hrotha said:
He barely won this one. It's not like winning a GT is easy, even for someone like Contador.

Agree, but he did beat Purito on a course that was pretty much perfect for him.

Having Andy Schleck in the TdF will help Contador to beat Wiggins/Froome. Schleck will help to create some time gaps in the mountains, and AC will gain minutes on him in the TT.

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Voted 6+, of course !!

hrotha said:
He barely won this one. It's not like winning a GT is easy, even for someone like Contador.
Hey HROTHA, why didn't you like the vuelta? You rated the Vuelta as 1 out of 10 ?? :confused:

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

When he get busted again he will be stripped of his Vuelta title.

But take comfort LaFlorecita, it will probably not be as bad as it is for Lance.

Just playing the devil here. ;)

May 9, 2009
Visit site
He's already got 8 GT wins...how many more does he need to prove he's awesome?

Although, I do enjoy the aggressive manner in which he races.
Fun to watch.

hrotha said:

Agreed without a doubt. I think he underestimated both Purito and Valverde; he won't do it again :) That plus the parcours and race rust contributed to a Fierce Battle. And a Great Show for us! Having worthy opponents only makes him try harder; but never mentally break.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i didn't change my opinion. 1. the giro or the vuelta in 2013. he has choice. probably there are two camps: fans (who never vote for less than 4 and will always use the lack of racing kilometers but not only opponents' stregth as the main reason of that perfomance) and people who treat the rider with no redundant enthusiasm and think that in the vuelta contador showed not a few weaknesses. :)

TRENDING THREADS