How many positives will we have at the Tour?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How many riders will test positive at the Tour?

  • +5

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Mar 10, 2009
221
0
0
None unless the ASO doesn't like the anticipated winner or the winner. Remember Rasmussen? And Landis. I think they got busted because the ASO wanted someone else to be their poster boy. If Contador wasn't jacked at the Tour in 07 and at Milan, no one has ever doped. Those events were doping clinics--and yet he counldn't beat Rasmussen?
 
Jun 13, 2009
99
0
0
Hopefully none, but realistically there will be at least a couple.

I don't buy into the BS that only lower level riders will be targeted either. The last few years disprove that theory.
 
Apr 20, 2009
147
0
8,830
IMO,there will be more positive riders after the Tour,than during the race.
Let's see what the French have come up with.
I suppose ASO likes both potential winners,Contador and LA.:D
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
0
0
Well, since he who knows ****ing everything about everything says that the fix is in, the answer must presumably be 0.
 
I hope the dopey testers are better at catching the dopers than CN moderators are at spotting dopey posters in the wrong part of the forum ;)

Sorry couldn't resist - seeemed a little ironic - I'll show myself out.

A cranky moment :)
 
If Astana keep holding the testers for 1 hour before they get tested they will never catch anyone. I thought that having one rider in the shower for 20 minutes was enogh to do anything but holding the testers for an hour is enough to climb Alpe d'huez, cool off, and ..........
 
Escarabajo said:
If Astana keep holding the testers for 1 hour before they get tested they will never catch anyone. I thought that having one rider in the shower for 20 minutes was enogh to do anything but holding the testers for an hour is enough to climb Alpe d'huez, cool off, and ..........
I think we can now safely say that the fix is in. Since Astana is being allowed to evade the dope controls, the testing is worthless. We can expect that Astana will get crazy strong by the third week, so any thought of a rider like Evans having a chance is laughable.

When McQuaid gave Armstrong cover for evading the tests by showering, Astana learned that they would be able to continue to do that.
 
BroDeal said:
I think we can now safely say that the fix is in. Since Astana is being allowed to evade the dope controls, the testing is worthless. We can expect that Astana will get crazy strong by the third week, so any thought of a rider like Evans having a chance is laughable.

When McQuaid gave Armstrong cover for evading the tests by showering, Astana learned that they would be able to continue to do that.
Now it looks like they are showering together, so that's why they take longer than 20 minutes.:D
 
Funny, but let's not heap this on Astana, it's a common issue, one the UCI doesn't seem to care about, or wish to enforce.

As I, and others, have said, if they really want to catch some guys they should have an early morning test, and then another surprise test after the sign in. Or course, they could also just start CO testing for blood doping. But neither they, or the ASO seem interested in doing that.
 
BroDeal said:
None..or at least no one of any significance. The ASO and the UCI are determined that there be no doping scandals. They will do what they can to warn the riders not to use anything that the AFLD can detect.

Part of the agreement for Armstrong's return was that a leash be put on the people fighting doping. In some cases those people were simply fired from their jobs. The fix is in.
Evidence, please.
 
May 26, 2009
377
0
0
Can we have a 'mental health clinic' as well as doping clinic forum, so tin foil hat guys can get together and moan about the 3-weekers not understanding that Lance has the ASO and UCI all fixed up and is secretly the CIC of the UN blue helmets massing in the hills getting ready to install a one world Nike government?
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
BroDeal said:
None..or at least no one of any significance. The ASO and the UCI are determined that there be no doping scandals. They will do what they can to warn the riders not to use anything that the AFLD can detect.

Part of the agreement for Armstrong's return was that a leash be put on the people fighting doping. In some cases those people were simply fired from their jobs. The fix is in.
Ninety5rpm said:
Evidence, please.
I am assuming this is what BroDeal is referring to.

A month after Armstrong had announced he was to going to compete in the Tour, the UCI came to an agreement with the major race organizers, ASO, RCS and Unipublic.

As part of that agreement the then President of ASO Patrice Clerc was fired. It was Clerc that got the AFLD to start doing the Anti-doping control.
http://www.podiumcafe.com/2008/10/1/626044/aso-news-patrice-clerc-out

However within days of the new agreement with the UCI the new ASO President announced that:
"The anti-doping controls for next year's Tour will be "the responsibility of the UCI since one of the points of agreement is that we go back under the aegis of the international federation," but said that he would seek cooperation between the UCI and the AFLD.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-aso-chief-to-maintain-values
 
Dr. Maserati said:
I am assuming this is what BroDeal is referring to.

A month after Armstrong had announced he was to going to compete in the Tour, the UCI came to an agreement with the major race organizers, ASO, RCS and Unipublic.

As part of that agreement the then President of ASO Patrice Clerc was fired. It was Clerc that got the AFLD to start doing the Anti-doping control.
http://www.podiumcafe.com/2008/10/1/626044/aso-news-patrice-clerc-out

However within days of the new agreement with the UCI the new ASO President announced that:
"The anti-doping controls for next year's Tour will be "the responsibility of the UCI since one of the points of agreement is that we go back under the aegis of the international federation," but said that he would seek cooperation between the UCI and the AFLD.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-aso-chief-to-maintain-values
Yup. And that is why I say the fix is in. It has been in since the end of last season.

As Alpe points out, there are many extremely easy things the UCI could do if there were serious about dope testing. That they have not done them says everything.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
BigBoat said:
Dont worry, NONE so far!! Their all totally clean!
i was just thinking that....

reckon we can expect the first batch on monday????

thats the other problems with ventoux so late, whoever jacks for the final mountain stage wont be released till well after the tour..
 
dimspace said:
i was just thinking that....

reckon we can expect the first batch on monday????

thats the other problems with ventoux so late, whoever jacks for the final mountain stage wont be released till well after the tour..
Hi dimspace,

Sorprise to see you here and talking about doping. Well I just hope they don't catch any of the contenders to be honest. The would ruin the race. At least let them go at it in the only few interesting stages that we have left for racing.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY