• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How much does Lance weigh?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
No way was he racing at 154 pounds from 1999-2005. He was listed at around 158 pounds, but Lance admitted at the SAC trial that he was never this light. 163-165 pounds is probably closer to his racing weight from 1999-2005. I don't know what it would be now, but definitely heavier than 165 pounds. My guess would be 170 pounds.

A

Anonymous

What hair products does Lance use? That's what I want to know.....
OR
What movie most inspires Lance to be a winner?
OR
Why doesn't Lance just date his mom?
OR

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
No way was he racing at 154 pounds from 1999-2005. He was listed at around 158 pounds, but Lance admitted at the SAC trial that he was never this light. 163-165 pounds is probably closer to his racing weight from 1999-2005. I don't know what it would be now, but definitely heavier than 165 pounds. My guess would be 170 pounds.

aye a fat bas.tard that's what he is

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
OR
OR
OR

i've actually been thinking that myself :D:D some strange goings on in that house i think :D

Thoughtforfood said:
OR
OR
OR
+1..............

Please stop this Lance talk insanity. Every thread I start reading goes back to the same topic. What is going on with cycling fans these days?

May 1, 2009
Visit site
We need more than stars to rate threads. We need total dumba$s points. This is a five.

What's the next thread "omg, so last night i had this dream, and in it i was making out with Lance. And in the background, Levi was asking for a turn. LOLZ OMG. seriously, do you think Lance would date me? We have the same favourite colour".

I might just read the doping forum. much more mature.

unsheath said:
Gee I hate first time lance obsessed posters. Only come out of the woodwork on tdf time. Grrrrrrr!!!

Correction. They only come out at TdF time if Armstrong does something.

How many of these guys were crying their eyes out Friday through Sunday?

boalio said:
We need more than stars to rate threads. We need total dumba$s points. This is a five.

What's the next thread "omg, so last night i had this dream, and in it i was making out with Lance. And in the background, Levi was asking for a turn. LOLZ OMG. seriously, do you think Lance would date me? We have the same favourite colour".

LOL.

The tech/gear forum of many sites can be just as bad when saddle sniffers seem only be interested in the newest piece of gear that The Lance is using. It is really sort of pathetic.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
boalio said:

ROFLOL
Thanks boalio I needed a good laugh:D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested in physiology etc and I'm interested as to how much different folk weigh. I'd love a resource where you could find the pre tour health check info, it used to be posted on the official tdf website. Height weight, lung capacity and resting heart rate. As for how much does lance weigh now...more than before, more interestingly how much does cancellara?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
I'm interested in physiology etc and I'm interested as to how much different folk weigh. I'd love a resource where you could find the pre tour health check info, it used to be posted on the official tdf website. Height weight, lung capacity and resting heart rate. As for how much does lance weigh now...more than before, more interestingly how much does cancellara?

That'll be like getting blood out of a stone for some riders. They're very protective of their 'numbers'

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
More than the UCI minimum

Lance is heavy enough to remain within the clutches of gravity. While it is well know that he can be full of hot air he always stays above the UCI minimum weight or 6.8 kilos including his bike.
On a long hard climb I think he is 1/3 my weight or maybe I am 1/3 his power:rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:

I'm with you on that. I don't believe any of the weights generally bandied about for riders. Their independently measured values would be very interesting. I want to check the veracity of Cancellara's and Wiggin's claimed 7kg weight losses. Beyond credible imo.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The camera focused on Lance today before the start of TTT. I was shocked at how skinny he was. Even his arms looked noticeably smaller. Assuming it was not from a bad camera angle my question is why has he lost so much weight. My guess is his power was not where it needed to be and the only way he could get his power to weight ratio up enough was to lose a lot of weight. I have to wonder how this weight loss will effect him in the second and third weeks of the race.

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:

Cancellara weighs 80 kilos of course, it says so on the Saxo website so it must be true! ;)

I sure hope some of these numbers aren't true, it's no good for the self esteem to find out you outweigh a 6' + man. :(

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Chomsky said:
The camera focused on Lance today before the start of TTT. I was shocked at how skinny he was. Even his arms looked noticeably smaller. Assuming it was not from a bad camera angle my question is why has he lost so much weight. My guess is his power was not where it needed to be and the only way he could get his power to weight ratio up enough was to lose a lot of weight. I have to wonder how this weight loss will effect him in the second and third weeks of the race.

That would certainly explain some loss in TT ability...

TRENDING THREADS