• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How to turn my Canyon AEROAD into a TT Bike?

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Recently this year I bough a new Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 7.0 Di2 (awsome bike btw) mainly for road cylcing and ITU triathlons. Now Im about to do an Ironman 70.3 and Im woindering wich is the best way to turn my bike into a TT bike for the aero benefit. Currently my bike has the CANYON H11 handlebar, wich makes it impossible to attach generic aerobars to it, therefore Im thinking my only way is to buy a TT handlebar set...

Any ideas, suggestions?

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Re:

King Boonen said:
If you're just about to do an Ironman just ride it how it is on the drops. It's a very bad idea to ride on aero clip-ons without a lot of practice.

Thanks for your advice! IM is on Dec, so I still have a couple of months to adapt! I just did a few Olimpic distance TT (with no drafting) and I could feel the difference when people on TT bikes just passed me so easy!

TRENDING THREADS