• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How to Use the Ignore Feature

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Is there an ignore feature for threads? If certain threads you find uninteresting or offensive, for any reason, even though it doesn't violate forum guidelines, is it possible to ignore that thread entirely and prevent it from showing up when logging in?

If not, is such a feature possible?

A

Anonymous

ImmaculateKadence said:
Is there an ignore feature for threads? If certain threads you find uninteresting or offensive, for any reason, even though it doesn't violate forum guidelines, is it possible to ignore that thread entirely and prevent it from showing up when logging in?

nah, cn use vbulletin and its not an option on there.

I do wish they would upgrade to the new version though. Subscribe to threads is then an option, user reputations, theres also things like global ignore so mods can put a person as ignored by everyone. blogs and all sorts of extra things like youtube embedding

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
nah, cn use vbulletin and its not an option on there.

I do wish they would upgrade to the new version though. Subscribe to threads is then an option, user reputations, theres also things like global ignore so mods can put a person as ignored by everyone. blogs and all sorts of extra things like youtube embedding

Well darn, I was hoping I could make navigating the forums just a little quicker with a little less clutter. Thanks TSF.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:

Have the mental strength to not click on them?

I know this hasn't got anything to do with the 'ignore feature' but how do you create a poll when creating a thread.

It says at the bottom 'Post a Poll'
And I click, 'Yes, post a poll with this thread'
And then I choose the numbers of poll options, but how do you choose what's going to be in the poll (e.g, what riders, teams...)?

Ruby United said:
I know this hasn't got anything to do with the 'ignore feature' but how do you create a poll when creating a thread.

It says at the bottom 'Post a Poll'
And I click, 'Yes, post a poll with this thread'
And then I choose the numbers of poll options, but how do you choose what's going to be in the poll (e.g, what riders, teams...)?

Once you submit the thread you get taken to the poll and you can add the options.

Re: Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
Armchair cyclist said:
saunaking said:
So how do you use the ignore feature in the new website?

• Click on user name
  • click on "add foe"
  • done

If you use the ignore feature, does it prevent the "ignored" from sending you PM's?

I need to get this whack-job off my back :mad:
I believe so.

The only thing it won't ignore is comments that others quote that include the intended person to ignore.

If you're being harassed by someone in PM's there's a 'report PM' function that you can use to report the PM.

Drop me a PM if you'd like to talk more about this in private.

TRENDING THREADS