• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How to Win

Or rather to beat a doper, whether an individual rider in a one day classic, or a team of 9 in the TdF going for the GC, mountains, Points jerseys etc,

I believe that the problem is everyone is trying out compete one another in the Arms race (as TH refers to in SR) and not tactically, physically, mentality etc.

Surely the way to a cleaner sport is to find a clean and pure way of overcoming the cheats?

I will say (and its not connected to doping so I apologize) the paying off the opposition is nothing new, I don't understand why that is such a revelation,

In Robert Millar's book and in Slaying the Badger, its often mentioned how often teams bought one another off at the end of a race, worked together against others etc.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
4rbs.jpg

revelation

MellowJohnny said:
I will say (and its not connected to doping so I apologize) the paying off the opposition is nothing new, I don't understand why that is such a revelation,

In Robert Millar's book and in Slaying the Badger, its often mentioned how often teams bought one another off at the end of a race, worked together against others etc.

no revelation even lance offered stephen swart $'s

as to winning fairly.................a physiological advantage / willingness to work hard......................hard on those not so blessed like lance and i

and mr bills if you feel that this thread is not 'worthy' don't contribute

TRENDING THREADS