• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How true, long live grumpy wrenches.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm thankful for the grumpy mechanic in the one bike shop I had growing up in Minnesota many years ago.

Because he was such a d'head, I learned to work on a bike myself. I wonder where he is today ......:rolleyes:

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
lostintime said:
I'm thankful for the grumpy mechanic in the one bike shop I had growing up in Minnesota many years ago.

Because he was such a d'head, I learned to work on a bike myself. I wonder where he is today ......:rolleyes:

You wouldn't be referring to ye old Como Bike Shop, would you?

Great article Pietro!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
You wouldn't be referring to ye old Como Bike Shop, would you?

Great article Pietro!

I grew up in Rochester . . . but I never had the pleasure of going to Como Bike Shop though, even while later residing in Minneapolis. There's so many shops in the TC it's not hard to miss one. I stuck to the Mpls. side of shops mostly.

Freewheel was my go-to shop mostly, and being a co-op . . . it was just like a food co-op but with bikes. . . . no room for surly folks there.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
lostintime said:
I grew up in Rochester . . . but I never had the pleasure of going to Como Bike Shop though, even while later residing in Minneapolis. There's so many shops in the TC it's not hard to miss one. I stuck to the Mpls. side of shops mostly.

Freewheel was my go-to shop mostly, and being a co-op . . . it was just like a food co-op but with bikes. . . . no room for surly folks there.

I thought you might have been referring to Pete F. of Como. Usually more misunderstood than anything, but a very respected "grumpy wrench". I worked at Freewheel on and off for about three years. Great shop, but it's not a Co-op anymore, strictly a dictatorship now. The only "true" Co-op bike shop left in the area is The Hub.

TRENDING THREADS