• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How US cyclists will be perceived after the LA investigation?

The consequences of LA's investigation are beginning to appear in a broader scene- not only from the sporting POV, but is reaching marketing/sponsoring & even in politics,as we are informed. But I'd like to concentrate on the riders-specially here in USA where all the recent "stars" have been linked to the biggest fraud in cycling history, and therefore left with an enormous gap to fill in, as far as trust, continuity & legacy. I was asking myself the other day - how an US rider is going to be perceived from now on in search for a job? Will Pro-teams have issues hiring US riders? will US sponsors/marketing drift away from riders? can an US rider be trusted after all this mess?

Please opine....