• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How will Astana split thier winnings?

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Normally, the money is pooled and each member gets and equal share with Lance not taking a share. I wonder if he will be so ****ed at contador that he will take a share this year? discuss.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
iceaxe said:
Normally, the money is pooled and each member gets and equal share with Lance not taking a share. I wonder if he will be so ****ed at contador that he will take a share this year? discuss.

they sign contracts before the tour

90% goes to the riders
10% to soigneurs, cooks, mechanics and the guy bleaching jb's behind

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Every member of that team earned his share. Contador should offer a share to Lance, even if he is riding pro bono. It's the right thing to do. An extra share goes to Contador's mechanic, who managed to keep Lance and Johan from cutting the cables.

iceaxe said:
Lance the winner never took a share as a reward for all the unselfish work his teammates did for him. This is a different case Lance is not the winner so should be entitled to how ever much share he may (or may not) have earned by being an unselfish teammate.
scribe said:
Armstrong earned his share while on Wiggin's wheel.
See above.

dwyatt said:
i'd say POPOVYCH deserves the biggest share
Nobody else has really commented on the fact that with 3 leaders 4 to begin with that reduced by 3 the number of workers so that Popo, Haimar, Rast, Paulinho, and the Kazakh kid were all working overtime every day. So all 5 of them deserve a bigger share. They will probably just throw it on the floor and wrestle for it though.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
the truth. said:
what about that loser LA not going to the post race dinner. just cause he wasnt the focus.

good loser, na just a loser

Lance is both a racer and a businessman - tough choice on the Saturday night but we are talking about a team that will employ around a 100 people next year at a cost of ten to twenty million dollars.

I'm not a big Lance fan but I can see his dilema.

the truth. said:
what about that loser LA not going to the post race dinner. just cause he wasnt the focus.

good loser, na just a loser

That makes things pretty easy. Those who went to the celebration get a share. Those who didn't don't.

Armstrong cheated riders like Vasseur and Andreu out of their share of the team's winnings. It is just if Contador does not give Armstrong a penny, especially after some of the crap he pulled.

avanti said:
Lance is both a racer and a businessman - tough choice on the Saturday night but we are talking about a team that will employ around a 100 people next year at a cost of ten to twenty million dollars.

I'm not a big Lance fan but I can see his dilema.

Not really a tough choice. He could have waited a day or two to meet with the Radio Shack guys.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Every member of that team earned his share. Contador should offer a share to Lance, even if he is riding pro bono. It's the right thing to do. An extra share goes to Contador's mechanic, who managed to keep Lance and Johan from cutting the cables.

That is very funny!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Actually there is more than just Contador's take. IIRC, 3 Stages, 3rd GC and the team title in addition to 1st GC all get put into the kitty.

BroDeal said:
That makes things pretty easy. Those who went to the celebration get a share. Those who didn't don't.

Armstrong cheated riders like Vasseur and Andreu out of their share of the team's winnings. It is just if Contador does not give Armstrong a penny, especially after some of the crap he pulled.

How did he cheat Vasseur and Andreu out of their winnings?

lanceismyhero

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:
Plus LA finished 3rd which I don't know what pays, but probably more then the domestique's cut of the winner's winnings

its all going into the pot. its not going to be very much per person as contador only gets 600,000 for first overall.

TRENDING THREADS