• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Htcornerboy

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
It seems that Cav's cornerboy behaviour has now spread to Mark Renshaw with him throwing headbutt's in the sprint. What's next - Tony Martin throwing punches? Where were these scumbags dragged up? Is cycling the new soccer?

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Renshaw totally cross the line... he is the best lead - out man but there is a limit! and he crossed BIG TIME that limit today... Head-butting and blocking others sprinters and lead-out men is not acceptable in La Grande Boucle... he is removed from Le Tour and should be banned one or two years from La Grande Boucle...

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Looking at that video (winding it back to 3.40m), interesting to see how Freire is quicker to find Cavendish's wheel after the corner than the (4th) HTC rider next to him, immediately has to assert himself in that position to keep it, then gets the Dean-Farrar tandem next to him, and gets a friendly shove from Farrar that displaces him from the wheel he had.

Apr 26, 2010
be.net
c'mon Thee_chisa... you can't compare the two situations... those two idiots were putting no one in danger, while Renshaw...

May 31, 2010
Visit site
i have seen this happen a lot though, i know zabel has done it, mceuan too. i think kelly may have used his head a bit in the past too.

this is sprinting.

TRENDING THREADS