• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=19724&page=22

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Unf**kingbelievabe

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters

A good first step. I need to sleep.

This was not a good step. The world and its mother knows OneBallWonder doped.

His confession was not to save cycling but his own sad ****.

His joke of stopping doping in 2005. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

A good step would have been admitting to bribing UCI. To having a total unfair unadvantage over his rivals.

His BS about level playing field was in my opinion a backward step.

Major fail on your tweet JV. Major fail.

Cycling is no cleaner in your hands.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
I would have accepted it as a decent enough first step if he hadn't admitted to those things but at least hadn't lied about what he did say.

If Wonderboy lied he would've been a bigger joke than he already is. He hs been the **** of so many people's commentary on late night talk shows.

Lying was not an option.

This was not a first positive step. This was a backward IMO or at least a sidestep.

He half admitted to what everyone knew.

For JV to go easy on him is just a sad and not good for the sport.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
What do you mean, lying was not an option? What did he do for 2 hours and a half then?

I mean when Oprah asked him did he dope, he was not going to say No! He would have look stupid and he knows everyone knows. The lies came about how much he doped. That he still lies is not the 1st step. It is a backward one.

Benotti69 said:
I mean when Oprah asked him did he dope, he was not going to say No! He would have look stupid and he knows everyone knows. The lies came about how much he doped. That he still lies is not the 1st step. It is a backward one.
Ah, OK. I meant I wouldn't have minded too much if he hadn't addressed the stuff about the UCI or his comeback in this interview, as long as he had been truthful about what he did say. That'd be the requirement to be able to say this could be a decent start. But then he went on to lie about key points of the story, so it can't be a good start, and it's unlikely there'll be another one.