• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I believed in clean cycling

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I used to believe in clean cycling, knowing it was pretty naive...
I am pretty devastated right now.
Hereby I send a BIG F U CK YOU to everyone that dopes and I wish them to QUIT CYCLING right now for fu cking everything up
sorry for harsh language

Michielveedeebee said:
Hereby I send a BIG F U CK YOU to everyone that dopes and I wish them to QUIT CYCLING right now for fu cking everything up

Whatever you do, DO NOT quit riding your bike.

Do not allow corrupt a$$holes in pro cycling to destroy your enjoyment of what has been and can be again a great sport.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:

Do not allow corrupt a$$holes in pro cycling to destroy your enjoyment of what has been and can be again a great sport.

This.

If you allow that to happen, only then have you actually lost.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
yes I know but I assumed most rode clean. I don't believe a word of any of them anymore now.
I understand, but when the blame stays at the level of the riders then the conversation is a failure. A big reason people hate Armstrong is because of a very valid perception that he's gotten preferential treatment by the people at the top of the UCI. There's a very good chance he has used big money in the form of bribes to flaunt the system. Landis was just the latest person to allege that. The biopassport is a very good thing but until we can be reasonably sure that the UCI is not playing favorites then it's almost pointless. Right now Pat McQuaid and his shadow buddy Hein Verbruggen should be getting a lot more heat than they are but that's life. Until we get real reform at the UCI the sport will not truly be able to move forward.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Just sit back and root for David Moncoutié. He is my litmus test. If he dopes, the sport is doomed. As long as he's around, the sport is safe.

That's never going to happen :)

The guy's been criticised for his team doctors for not wanting to take vitamins as he says they're not natural FFS.

Libertine Seguros said:
Just sit back and root for David Moncoutié. He is my litmus test. If he dopes, the sport is doomed. As long as he's around, the sport is safe.

On that note.

Note heard much from the French. I wonder what they make of all this?

IN reference to Moncoutié many say if there was no such thing as EPO he would have one the Tour. I tend to agree.

A

Anonymous

thehog said:
On that note.

Note heard much from the French. I wonder what they make of all this?

IN reference to Moncoutié many say if there was no such thing as EPO he would have one the Tour. I tend to agree.

I had a go through the french papers this morning, all very quiet, just reporting what everyone else is. I have a feeling they are holding fire for saturdays papers.

issoisso said:
That's never going to happen :)

The guy's been criticised for his team doctors for not wanting to take vitamins as he says they're not natural FFS.

Precisely. If even Moncoutié could be tempted (which won't happen), then the sport is well and truly doomed. I have hopes for Fedrigo being another in that mould, from the sounds of his approach to training, nutrition and medication.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:

+10000

whatever happens, and whatever your view on it, noone can take away the joy of climbing to the top of your favourite hill/col/peak early in the morning when everyone else is still asleep. Don't throw that away.

Then enjoy the competitive, pro side of it for what it is, and occassionally roll your eyes in disbelief*

*except when it is one of your fellow countrymen performing miraculous acts such as nailing the Ventoux in sub 65 minutes;)

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
My litmus test is Gilbert.

He can do it for a day - but perform to that level every day for 3 weeks. Meh. He'll take a holiday instead.

(I also like him because he looks like he eats once in a while and has shoulders. Well I did until I saw he still weighs feck all. In the Kingdom of the anorexic the man who once eat a bowl of frites looks built)

Winterfold said:
My litmus test is Gilbert.

He can do it for a day - but perform to that level every day for 3 weeks. Meh. He'll take a holiday instead.

(I also like him because he looks like he eats once in a while and has shoulders. Well I did until I saw he still weighs feck all. In the Kingdom of the anorexic the man who once eat a bowl of frites looks built)

Yup, cos Stijn Devolder and Tom Boonen are budding Rujanos...

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
well, Im not saying those guys are heavy, and spartacus is also ridiculously light considering he has height, arms and shoulders etc

I just thought for a minute Gilbert (same height as me) might weigh something that looked achieveable like 70-72kg but hahaha more fool me I was stupid to think it. Going up hills that fast is not happening without being as light as you can be.

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
sorry for harsh language

Life's to important to be taken seriously.

Epicycle said:
Until we get real reform at the UCI the sport will not truly be able to move forward.

(+1) It's hard to blame the rider, they are human (well, freaky humans) and as has been well documented doping and cycling have been synonymous for a long time. The system is what is failing the riders (clean and dirty). Fix the system first. Directing anger towards the riders won't help anything instead direct your anger and concerns toward the people feeding the machine (sponsors). I know it sounds stupid but it actually does work if enough people were to express their anger at companies like Radioshack and HTC Columbia etc because they are the ones with the power to make a difference. If the sponsors made an effort to make the appropriate changes at the top then it might happen, otherwise it'll be status quo as it has been for over a century.

Michielveedeebee said:
sorry for harsh language

"I am beginning to believe in clean cycling"cause even in the past the riders were doping.The difference being these days riders are being caught and penalised for these choices.My litmus test is Cadel Evans......and as others have posted Moncoutie....:D

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes I hope Cadel is clean. Naieve it might be but maybe he is more competitive since he got the rainbow jersey because there is less dope in the peloton...

He also seems the kind of guy who when offered a joint behind the bike sheds at school, always said no. He is such a dweeb, even if in 2010 he is a competitive attacking one :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Winterfold said:
Yes I hope Cadel is clean. Naieve it might be but maybe he is more competitive since he got the rainbow jersey because there is less dope in the peloton...

He also seems the kind of guy who when offered a joint behind the bike sheds at school, always said no. He is such a dweeb, even if in 2010 he is a competitive attacking one :D

So if someone doesn't except a joing their a dweeb?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:

I'll be worried if Kenny van Hummel is doping.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
sorry for harsh language

Don't worry about it.

I assume you're getting up early and riding if you're not working, or maybe you're riding to work.

You're not doping, right?

Then eff em all. You're stronger than they are.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It's bloody depressing!!

As an Australian, my sense is that there is an endemic, cultural opposition to doping in sport in Australia (sport as cheating, maybe, which is not to say that it hasn't happened). I guess I hope that Cadel, Stuey, Mick R etc have carried that with them on their travels. People have said to me that some European nations do not have that attitude (I don't know), but if so, it's a real pity. Even in the last little while, I have become more cynical and as a thirty year fan of cycling and cycle racing I don't like that much.

TRENDING THREADS