I don't get it.

Aug 14, 2009
79
0
0
If any cyclist goes better than all the rest, then he is assumed to be doping, and the sport sucks.

If all cyclists do equally well, then it's boring, and the sport sucks.

I don't get why you'd pay attention, either way.
 
Sep 2, 2013
15
0
0
Maybe sore losers.

If you think about it Nibali is not that far behind nor are the others.

So maybe they are all equally doping.

It was an exciting stage today! More so than the Wiggins victories!
 
Juan Speeder said:
If any cyclist goes better than all the rest, then he is assumed to be doping, and the sport sucks.

If all cyclists do equally well, then it's boring, and the sport sucks.

I don't get why you'd pay attention, either way.
This is not about doping - it's about winning at the internet. Most forums, across a wide selection of subjects, are.

If you sneer at cyclists and say they are doping all the time you:

a) distinguish yourself from the horrible ignorant plebs (people who actually like things) - this makes you superior and a true lover of cycling. Any use of the words fanboy or July will boost your credentials.

and b) as you can't prove a negative, you can be assured that there will never be any evidence against your views that you can't pass of with some sort of conspiracy. From this position you are free to mock others and give yourself a warm feeling of superiority.


(There's also the other explanation - which is there are a few ex-Armstrong fans here who are trying to offset their embarrasment. You'll be able to spot them - they'll be the one's who react most angrily to this post)
 
Jun 25, 2013
1,442
0
0
Parker said:
as you can't prove a negative, you can be assured that there will never be any evidence against your views that you can't pass of with some sort of conspiracy. From this position you are free to mock others and give yourself a warm feeling of superiority.

(There's also the other explanation - which is there are a few ex-Armstrong fans here who are trying to offset their embarrasment)
Both of these responses are correct and are most attributable to the Froome hate.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,845
0
0
Just because you may think certain riders are doping doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the sport. You just have to separate the racing side from the doping side. For example, I think Horner, Nibali, and others are probably doing doping of some kind; but I still greatly enjoyed today's stage, cheered them on, and congratulated them on their rides.

It's just the sad state that cycling has brought on itself that you can't assume any rider to be clean
Juan Speeder said:
If all cyclists do equally well, then it's boring, and the sport sucks.
And while I don't know how all cyclists doing equally well equals clean cycling, it should be pointed out that clean cycling can be just as exciting as doped.
 
Jul 8, 2009
323
0
0
Juan Speeder said:
If any cyclist goes better than all the rest, then he is assumed to be doping, and the sport sucks.

If all cyclists do equally well, then it's boring, and the sport sucks.

I don't get why you'd pay attention, either way.
Lets break it down in a simple and easy to digest observation:

There exists a database of prior performances by which current performances can be compared.
 
Jul 8, 2009
323
0
0
darwin553 said:
Both of these responses are correct and are most attributable to the Froome hate.
So we can attribute hate to questioning how veritable a cyclist's performance is? That is a stupendous and specious syllogism on your part my friend. It serves its purpose of quelching debate and legitimate questions however.
 

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
1,441
0
0
Don't be upset

Check the doping threads of a cyclist

90% of posts are made by max 5 angry supporters of another rider and maybe one ot two lone extremists anti-doping don Quijote's

99% of the post are personal opinion coming, like our good admin Netserk said, "from my guts"

Enjoy the races :D

P.S. but i enjoy reading the clinic to, and through all the angry posts there are some good ones to.
 
Apr 13, 2011
1,070
0
0
This thread needs to be deleted. It doesn't go along with the trend in the clinic of non-factual opinions, conjecture and hearsay.

And the power estimate thread is always a classic.
 
There is a simple point to be made.

Given what we know about:
- peak ages of endurance athletes
- the history of cycling
- Johan Bruyneel
- Lance Armstrong
- Saunier Duval
- Astana, both Bruyneel and Vino eras
- The cast of riders in positions 2 down in the GC race at the Vuelta
- methods of climbing considered most economical

Without recourse to the argument "never tested positive", please explain in no more than 100 words why I should believe in Chris Horner when that epithet could apply to Alejandro Valverde, who is almost a decade younger, won everything he entered as a junior, has been a top level pro both post-Puerto and post-ban, and has also never tested positive?
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Ferminal said:
I personally hate cycling and cyclists, and should get out and do more miles.
I'm hacked with myself for not hating enough riders or their fans, I need to work on this over the coming weeks.
 
Jun 25, 2013
1,442
0
0
vrusimov said:
So we can attribute hate to questioning how veritable a cyclist's performance is? That is a stupendous and specious syllogism on your part my friend. It serves its purpose of quelching debate and legitimate questions however.
How is what he said untrue?

You (and others) can keep shouting murder until the cows come home as no evidence can really come to light to put you off your game. For instance, no good referring a conspiracy theorist to the fact that a said cyclist has not tested positive as they will just cite Armstrong.

The Clinic is really a conspiracy theorist's dream :rolleyes:
 
Sep 2, 2013
15
0
0
Ferminal said:
I personally hate cycling and cyclists, and should get out and do more miles.
My posts as of late are due to the shoulder surgery I had due to getting run down by a Grandma in a pickup truck. So if they run on or do not make sense chalk it up to forum doping.

Yes I admit it I am forum doping.....I was given my gear my the doc and have not been tested so my post count is rising I know this is in the twilight of my posting career but I can whip you younger guys with a couch some Percocet and my iPad.

I am longing for more miles but this will need todo till I can get back on the bike.

Cheers.
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,321
0
0
Ferminal said:
I personally hate cycling and cyclists, and should get out and do more miles.
Yes, me too, I also hate racists, feminists, apologists, pneumologists, in short; a lot of -ists.

Great topic by the way. Really constitutes to a better forum.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
786cycling said:
My posts as of late are due to the shoulder surgery I had due to getting run down by a Grandma in a pickup truck. So if they run on or do not make sense chalk it up to forum doping.

Yes I admit it I am forum doping.....I was given my gear my the doc and have not been tested so my post count is rising I know this is in the twilight of my posting career but I can whip you younger guys with a couch some Percocet and my iPad.

I am longing for more miles but this will need todo till I can get back on the bike.

Cheers.
I bet she was dropping her grandkids off to high school or whatever they do out there. I hope you flamed her before you were taken out
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts