• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I don't quit (easily) but I'm soo lost...

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
...on the new Cyclingnews website. It makes me sad to think how much effort you guys put in building this site. I really, really appreciate your hard work, but I'm very lost on this site. A site I've visited and loved every day for the last three years.

It's like going to bed with a cute girl and then waking up the next morning alongside her mother...(hmm maybe not the best metaphor)

I 'll keep trying for some time, but if the Tour de France is as unnaccesible as the Tour de Suisse I don't see how to continue using this (formerly) great site.

Good Luck

Bike_har

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I used to spend hours on Cyclingnews but...

now I am losing my joy. Everything is completely different. I like change and I agree that you must have put a lot of energy etc in modernizing the site. But the change should have made things easier and not more difficult. Cyclingnews is the ONLY site that gives complete information on all the major (and even relatively minor) races. Please don't let this get lost. Where else can we turn?

I agree, new site is confusing and seems to contain less information. Maybe the information is there, but I don't have time trying to find it. As the previous posters, I appreciate your effort to improve but this didn't work. If it doesn't change back, here is one reader you will lose.

I have in the past spent money through your adverticing banners, so not only you but also your sponsors will lose.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
completeness was the main attraction

todays tour de suisse you cant even see the full results just top 10 for each category. surely this isnt on purpose.

and the "related gallery' section is no longer available for photos....

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
kkonty said:
todays tour de suisse you cant even see the full results just top 10 for each category. surely this isnt on purpose.

and the "related gallery' section is no longer available for photos....

Agreed. I have a hard time finding results on theses new pages.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd recommend giving the new design some time, and the guys and gals working on it some patience. If you check the appropiate forum area (where this thread should have been posted) you will see managing editor Daniel Benson and production editor Greg Johnson addressing issues that many of us have raised.

Additionally, dont use CN's coverage of the TdSuisse as a benchmark. Race organizers vary vastly, and what we see could very well be a lousy media operation from TdS. Just look at the route profiles (found at Steephill.tv). Compare those to what RCS provides for the Giro. Heck, compare the Giro details to TdF and VaE - the former blows everyone away.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
@Benpounder: Please tell me what the appropriate forum area is?

If the section "Feedback \ About the Website \ ..." is the wrong forum area to post feedback about the website, please inform me what the right place is?

I'm always willing to learn.:confused:

Bike_har

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Agree, Redesign is a big step backward

I usually welcome change and am an early adapter to most trends, but this site is a step backward. The site may look more 'modern', but the format is less user friendly for the information sought by enthusiasts, which has been cyclingnews' traditional audience. Please realize your mistake and bring back the the old format!

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
What happened to all of the photos?

I'm usually slow to criticize since I have been involved in the design of quite a few websites. However, the new site has really lost something. Information is difficult to find and the photography (if there is still as much as there was) seems to be hidden.

I'd move on to a new site if I could find one.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
looking for another site than CN

I think that the CN people mentioned the word usability in the explanation (or excuse) for the redesigned web page. And who are all the people who want the page like this??? It's been the best site for cycling from an enthusiasts perspective through its many changes over the years, but this does it. It's not something I can get used to. I check races everyday to keep track of cycling, but the information is now so messy and irritating that I can hardly be bothered.
Go back to the old design. I don't care how much time and money You wasted on this. PLEASE!!!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
This site now looks like someone got all jacked up on mountain dew and forgot the basics of what made CN a great site.

Woo Hoo! . . . don't do the Dew anymore;);)

A

Anonymous

bike_har said:
...on the new Cyclingnews website. It makes me sad to think how much effort you guys put in building this site. I really, really appreciate your hard work, but I'm very lost on this site. A site I've visited and loved every day for the last three years.

It's like going to bed with a cute girl and then waking up the next morning alongside her mother...(hmm maybe not the best metaphor)

I 'll keep trying for some time, but if the Tour de France is as unnaccesible as the Tour de Suisse I don't see how to continue using this (formerly) great site.

Good Luck

Bike_har

if only it where that simple.. sure, the site would be ugly, but at least all the important bits would still be in the same place.. ;)

TRENDING THREADS