• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I Hate to do this but Brad Wiggins

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Speaking on Soccer AM on Sky Sports 1, Wiggins said: 'It's been horrible, but fortunately there is an investigation going on.

'It's the worst thing to be accused of when you're a man of my integrity, if you like, what I believe anyway, and what I've done to get where I am today.

'Fortunately there's an investigation and I obviously can't say too much because that will run its course and then I'll have my say. There's a lot to say and it's going to shock a few people.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-4348536/Sir-Bradley-Wiggins-speak-doping-allegations.html

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Bradley Wiggins: "What I have to say will shock a few people".

Anyone expecting an Oprah and Lance type of confession will be bitterly disappointed. :D

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

hrotha said:
I know. It was part of the joke, but I'll work on the delivery for the next time. :eek:

Perhaps it's not all satire.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bradley-wiggins-what-i-have-to-say-will-shock-a-few-people/

'Marginal gains was a load of rubbish' says former Team Sky leader

In a separate appearance, speaking at a breakfast hosted by speaker bureau JLA in London, Wiggins offered a few choice words for Sky's famed 'marginal gains' strategy.

"I think it’s a load of rubbish, if I'm honest. I do," he said, according to Eurosport. "A lot of people made a lot of money out of it and David Brailsford used it constantly as his calling card. But I always thought it was a load of rubbish.

"It's a bit like the whole chimp thing," Wiggins added in reference to 'The Chimp Paradox', a book by psychiatrist Steve Peters who formerly worked with Team Sky

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Wiggins claiming 'marginal gains' is bollox, well then Wiggins beat dopers on what if it wasn't every little gain doing everything right. It was doping.

Wonder is Wiggins still doing drugs. His decision making is like that of someone who is not really thinking with a clear mind.

Wiggins would do well on comic relief, 'integrity', yeah Brad sure you have loads of it in a rock n roll drug taking talking shyte way!!!!

People with integrity dont call other athletes names. Pendleton, "a bit of a milkshake"!

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Wiggins claiming 'marginal gains' is bollox, well then Wiggins beat dopers on what if it wasn't every little gain doing everything right. It was doping.

Wonder is Wiggins still doing drugs. His decision making is like that of someone who is not really thinking with a clear mind.

Wiggins would do well on comic relief, 'integrity', yeah Brad sure you have loads of it in a rock n roll drug taking talking shyte way!!!!

People with integrity dont call other athletes names. Pendleton, "a bit of a milkshake"!

That was satire wasn't it? The ''milkshake'' comment I mean. If he really said that in an interview he's a monumental tool.

Aside from that, he appears to be a bit of an egomaniac and current decisions seem motivated suchly.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dan2016 said:
Benotti69 said:

That was satire wasn't it? The ''milkshake'' comment I mean. If he really said that in an interview he's a monumental tool.

Aside from that, he appears to be a bit of an egomaniac and current decisions seem motivated suchly.

Milkshake comment made in public interview.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/blazin-saddles-bradley-wiggins-slams-rubbish-marginal-gains_sto6106372/story.shtml

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
Dan2016 said:
Benotti69 said:

Milkshake comment made in public interview.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/blazin-saddles-bradley-wiggins-slams-rubbish-marginal-gains_sto6106372/story.shtml

I thought that was a satirical piece. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he did say it though.

Re:

Why did I see a Skoda advert today of wiggins? It was in a bar so I didn't hear the words but i suspect from all the pictures of him training, then seeing rewards, that it's the usual dopers nonesence of - if you work hard you will succeed, and the brand trying to associate their name with that concept.

Have Skoda not got the message that wiggins is a liar?

Irondan said:
It was mentioned further upthread that Blazing Saddles is satirical
No. I maybe sometimes. But this guy also heavily used his Eurosport platform to strongly defend his first hero - Lance Armstrong, as late as 2009 and 2010 I remember. He wasn't mocking Armstrong he was supporting him and mocking the doubters, and it wasn't in the name of comedy.
He was even more fervent in his bullying of anyone who dared doubt Sky.

Is Wiggo the Landis of Lance Froomestrong? In some reversed fashion of course. But seriously, he's disgruntled and he wants to squeal...his parcel story is in the news, no one to help, yet Sky defends The Dave. Maybe that's why Dawg didn't defend DB at first. He knows that Wiggins wants to talk; Wiggo knows everything. But the issue is: how can Wiggo tell the truth without losing the '12 TdF win, and without looking like a fool, i.e. the Virenque tirade et caetera? Interesting times to come, I hope.

It is interesting to remember Wiggins's remarks at the time of Armstrong's confession:

"It was heartbreaking in some respects for the sport, but then the anger kicks in and you start thinking what a f***ing a***hole. It's very difficult - then I have to explain to my son what it's all about. He's won the same race your dad's won... but by the end I had the best feeling in the world when [Armstrong] starts welling up about his 13-year-old son having to ask what's this all about. I never have to have that conversation with my own son - his father has won the Tour clean. There was this element of being quite smug about the whole thing to be honest. Then I got quite 'you deserve everything you get' about it, and feeling no sympathy whatsoever."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/others/cycling-bradley-wiggins-lance-armstrong-is-a-lying-bastard-8466325.html

https://commercial-song.net/2017/02/skoda-advert-song-2017-sir-bradley-wiggins/
23rd February 2017
Skoda UK has launched a new advert, part of its new brand campaign, titled “Driven by Something Different”, featuring the Skoda Superb Estate and capturing Sir Bradley Wiggins’s journey through cycling.

Shot in North Wales, the 90-second film features Britain’s most decorated Olympian riding up Pen-y-Pass and pushing himself to the limits on the peaks of Snowdonia. Key moments from his personal and professional life, as well as his achievements, are shown, while in the background his voice can be heard saying that he thinks “it’s important to be yourself” and “to make your own choices”.

The advert, ending with the tagline “Driven by Something Different”, will air on ITV1 during the half-time interval of the England vs France Six Nations rugby opening match.

Advert Song: Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata.
see at https://abancommercials.com/uk/vid/...by-something-different-bradley-wiggins-advert
Skoda is a part of VW who are the a''''holes with the cheating software - nuf said! :D

The Hitch said:
Why did I see a Skoda advert today of wiggins? It was in a bar so I didn't hear the words but i suspect from all the pictures of him training, then seeing rewards, that it's the usual dopers nonesence of - if you work hard you will succeed, and the brand trying to associate their name with that concept.

Skoda are winners. People are talking about their advert, getting people to look at it. Win situation.

The "Shock" stuff is bollox. The only thing that would shock me is if he did spill everything, but he wont. Why would he? I dont think he is as mentally strong like Armstrong, but why would he spill after all the sh!te he has spouted about losing everything. He would loose too much face.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Tonton said:
Is Wiggo the Landis of Lance Froomestrong? In some reversed fashion of course. But seriously, he's disgruntled and he wants to squeal...his parcel story is in the news, no one to help, yet Sky defends The Dave. Maybe that's why Dawg didn't defend DB at first. He knows that Wiggins wants to talk; Wiggo knows everything. But the issue is: how can Wiggo tell the truth without losing the '12 TdF win, and without looking like a fool, i.e. the Virenque tirade et caetera? Interesting times to come, I hope.

Wiggins wait's until his TdF win is outside the statute of limitations then boom.. :razz: :razz:

MartinGT said:
The Hitch said:

Skoda are winners. People are talking about their advert, getting people to look at it. Win situation.

The "Shock" stuff is bollox. The only thing that would shock me is if he did spill everything, but he wont. Why would he? I dont think he is as mentally strong like Armstrong, but why would he spill after all the **** he has spouted about losing everything. He would loose too much face.
Wigins is not as mentally strong as Armstrong but dude can get unhinged more easily.

Is that Skoda tagline really “Driven by Something Different”?!

I think Wiggin's shock if it comes (and I'm a long way from convinced it will) is much more likely to be confirmation of a rotten, bullying culture at BC/Sky, that has come out recently, than anthing doping related.

He could claim to have been bullied by Sutton, Brailsford et al, play the victim, say he was treated like a second class rider in 2013 after his tour win, had to get out so started his own team, etc, etc... It would fit with some of his public comments about his unhappiness during the 2012 Tour, his differences with Froome, and his recent rubbishinh of marginal gains.

Of course he'd need to explain away his support of Sutton and Brailsford but he could say he was scared and coerced into backing them.

That's the only way I can see he can damage them without further tanishing his own reputation. I don't think he'll do it but it could be fun!

Re:

BeagRigh said:
Is that Skoda tagline really “Driven by Something Different”?!
Yep!
"VW has admitted that 11 million of its diesel vehicles worldwide were fitted with defeat device software which conned testers into believing their vehicles met environmental standards.
These include five million VW brand cars, 2.1 million Audis, 1.8 million VW commercial vehicles, 1.2 million Skodas and 700,000 SEAT vehicles."
http://www.itv.com/news/story/2015-10-15/vw-uk-boss-apologises-for-emissions-scandal/?page=3
Wiggins in a cheating car huh?
We're still waiting on the Doc's answers to the Committee's questions, otherwise I think we might be lead down the "bullying" garden path.