• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I have no complaints about her.

I have no complaints about her.

Amber Rais breaks the mold for women bicycle racers by being nice to look at! :D

amber_right_bar.jpg

A

Anonymous

OK, why is a fixed gear more green than one with a derailleur?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
OK, why is a fixed gear more green than one with a derailleur?

Actually, it might even be less green..... less efficient = more energy consumption = more food required = less green.

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
Actually, it might even be less green..... less efficient = more energy consumption = more food required = less green.

Plus keeping up the whole Townie wardrobe has to cost a pretty penny... has to have a cost in Chinese children and shipping costs too, right?

A

Anonymous

Mr.DNA said:
Haven't you seen the derailleur factory down the street from my house?

671ukh.jpg

Freaking.....I knew there was something about those foo foo shifting apparatuses that I never liked.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Plus keeping up the whole Townie wardrobe has to cost a pretty penny... has to have a cost in Chinese children and shipping costs too, right?

Ahh very true.... especially given the efficiency of some of those Chinese ships. So, could Amber Rais be the least green person in cycling?

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
Ahh very true.... especially given the efficiency of some of those Chinese ships. So, could Amber Rais be the least green person in cycling?

Oh, I think so. It appears she is a walking Exxon Valdez.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
so a thread with a gorgeous racer girl is still unacceptable in the wrong alleged forum how about dont bother commenting its just sad half the comments in total on all of cycling news are about where a thread should be. how about dont read or post if its not to your liking if i posted every time someone said something stupid on here my fingers would bleed seriously who does not want to read and see pics of a beautiful cyclist. we can all go back to saying whos doping to make are own inadequacies seem lesser at any time geez. lol;)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
so a thread with a gorgeous racer girl is still unacceptable in the wrong alleged forum how about dont bother commenting its just sad half the comments in total on all of cycling news are about where a thread should be. how about dont read or post if its not to your liking if i posted every time someone said something stupid on here my fingers would bleed seriously who does not want to read and see pics of a beautiful cyclist. we can all go back to saying whos doping to make are own inadequacies seem lesser at any time geez. lol;)

Dude please, some punctuation and, if it's not too much trouble, some capital letters. Thanks.

The point is, the existing topic about nice looking women on bikes is in the 'general' forum for a reason - uh, because it's a general topic, as opposed to a 'racing' topic.

For the rest, there were some decent attempts at light-hearted humor in this topic and Christ knows, we could do with some more of that around here.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:

Firstly - there is a very good thread on "the babes"- as was pointed out- and I indeed am quite proud of my contributions to it.

New threads are fine- new though - we dont need several threads on the same topic as we have seen. Lemond, Radio Shack, AC vs LA.

Other good threads get pushed down which is a pity.
You brought up comments - that is different, and agreed I would have little of my fingers left if I jumped on to every silly one.
See you in the "babes" thread ;)

A

Anonymous

RightWingNutJob said:
Less gears=less lubricant needed=less natural resources consumed?

I thought of that at first, but most people use a tiny bit of lube anyway. And I use a dry, wax based lube anyway. That, and if you commute you will need to lube regardless of which you use. That simply cannot be enough of an environmental harm to offset the Townie clothes thing...

Amsterhammer said:
The point is, the existing topic about nice looking women on bikes is in the 'general' forum for a reason - uh, because it's a general topic, as opposed to a 'racing' topic.

For the rest, there were some decent attempts at light-hearted humor in this topic and Christ knows, we could do with some more of that around here.

Yeah I knew about the other thread.

I posted this here with the title: I have no complaints about her.

I only did it because it was right next to the thread that was titled: Stop Complaining!

I didn't mean to upset the forum police.

TRENDING THREADS