• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I just don't understand the Griping.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
I don't understand why people have to complain about other people complaining.

this tour is a snoozer but I watch

I don't think this is a snoozer, we are halfway through the tour and the top 7 on GC are within a minute of each other. Then there are plenty of favourites outside of that time but still within striking distance because of the amount of mountain stages ahead.
We have seen breakaways succeed and like today a solo that s[lit from a two man break out of a 7 man break which was within striking distance all the way to the finish. Breaks are getting caught within the last K and some are just missing getting caught by a few yards.

I think the problem is people like the mountain top finish where there are nothing but attacks until finally the strongest man rides away to victory.
I agree that is very exciting but i appreciate the controlled chaos of a bunch sprint just as much as a mountain finish. They both showcase greatness only in different ways. Unfortunately People seem to think the sprints are a simple exercise for COL but they are not. In fact i would wager if Tyler would have taken the inside line between CAV & Thor the other day instead of the long way around the outside he would have won. He still made up alot of ground & the other line would have given him a chance to slingshot instead of fighting the wind on his own the whole way...

TRENDING THREADS