• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I love Mountain Biking!

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys I am new here, but I am so excited I found this place. I love mountain biking and really all biking.

I'm excited to see what you guys have to share and share my experiences with you!

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
yoga teacher training course

Swami Vishnu-devananda was the first in the West to develop a training program for yoga teachers. He did this not only with the vision to develop yoga professionals, but also to give sincere aspirants the skills of personal discipline and to develop messengers of peace. The Course is a profound, personal experience, based on the ancient gurukula teaching system, integrating the student's daily life into the yoga training. By the end of the intensive four-week course the student will possess a firm foundation for teaching others, in addition to strengthening his or her own yoga practice with self-discipline and awareness of the nature of body, mind and spirit. Upon graduation from the course, students receive a certificate of qualification. The program has seen the graduation of more than eleven thousand students over the last thirty years. Men and women come from all around the world take part in the training, which is given in English with simultaneous translation into European languages, as well as Hebrew, Japanese, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam.
we developed a program that teaches you everything you need to know to teach yoga AND run a successful yoga business - and you can learn it from home, at your own pace.
I call it the "Yoga Teacher Training Camp" for Home Study Yoga Teacher Certification.
And with the praise I've received for the original camp-in-a-box, I've been inspired to create a full collection of home study courses for popular and important Yoga Teacher specialities, such as Restorative Yoga Teacher, Kid's Yoga Teacher, Chair Yoga Teacher, Pre-natal & Post-natal Yoga Teacher, Yoga Teacher Trainer (level II), Vinyasa Yoga, Meditation Teacher, Yoga Anatomy and more.
Equally important, I've developed courses and tools to help Yoga Teachers run successful Yoga Teacher businesses. After all, it's one thing to devote yourself to doing what you love (Yoga), but it's quite another to be able to support yourself comfortably and securely while doing it. You won't learn these skills at a typical Yoga Teacher Camp.
Whether you're an experienced Yoga Teacher needing to re-certify or a beginner looking to become a yoga teacher - you've come to the right place. Our Free Yoga Teacher Community will help you find what you're looking for.
Read more about how and why I developed this program or visit our products page to learn more about the extraordinary value of these courses.
yoga teacher training course

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
There are so many reasons, it is hard to pin it down to something that fits into this nice little pat format. Perhaps it is because its a great way to get yourself outside, and four hours later you’ve got a huge grin on your face, you are worn out, and it felt like twenty minutes.Perhaps because it is a great excuse to get out and camp, hang out with your friends, and get to cool places that would be pretty hard to unless you hiked out there, which is way less fun of course. Your biking buddies are friends for life, cause you’ve picked them up off the trail, and they’ve picked you up as well. Perhaps it is because it gives me a great sense of accomplishment to make it to the top of a hill, to clear a crazy rocky section, and to enter races and win pretty ribbons. Plus at my advanced age I still get to put on cute little spandex numbers and go out in public, and kind of look like I fit in.
But all that eye candy that goes along with it ain’t bad either!! Tee hee, can’t wait for my biking holiday, starting a week from today!! Moab here I come!

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
JessyBurke said:
Hey Guys I am new here, but I am so excited I found this place. I love mountain biking and really all biking.

I'm excited to see what you guys have to share and share my experiences with you!

You'll find these forums have a heavy road bias, but we're still glad to have you. I got started mountain biking years ago and now love anything with two wheels and pedals. I'll always have a soft spot for dirt though.

How long have you been riding?

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence, not too long ago just a couple of months ago. It actually just started with my buddy who went to our house to pick something and she's on her bike. I was surprised coz she was all geared up for it and thought it was cool. So she asked me if I'd like to try. Couple days after she let me borrow her brother's bike since I don't have my own bike back then and I really enjoyed it :)

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like how I got started. I was a casual cycling fan for years and never really took an interest in riding. One year, I got a bike to ride to school and a friend invited me mountain biking with him. Been hooked ever since.

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:
Sounds like how I got started. I was a casual cycling fan for years and never really took an interest in riding. One year, I got a bike to ride to school and a friend invited me mountain biking with him. Been hooked ever since.

Cool! But in my case, getting all the info about modding a bike is still a headache for me that's why I let my friend take care of it. All i want is get the bike in good condition and ride it. That's why whenever I meet a rider somewhere and asks me stuffs about my bike, so many "?" appear above my head LOL. So you've been into this for how long already?

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
JessyBurke said:
Cool! But in my case, getting all the info about modding a bike is still a headache for me that's why I let my friend take care of it. All i want is get the bike in good condition and ride it. That's why whenever I meet a rider somewhere and asks me stuffs about my bike, so many "?" appear above my head LOL. So you've been into this for how long already?

I've been a casual fan of cycling since 99 (one of the few admitted Lance fans in these forums :eek:), but I've been riding for about 5 years now, seriously riding for about three. Before that, I was just riding around on trails, still some of the best times I've ever had on a bike.

I know it's a lot to take in; it can even seem overwhelming at times. I remember when I first started riding how amazed I was when I saw just how much can go into it, but there are some helpful and knowledgeable people in these forums willing to answer any questions, just ask in the "bikes and gear" forum, and I'm sure you'll get some responses....just don't let that part of it ruin the fun that cycling has to offer.

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:
I've been a casual fan of cycling since 99 (one of the few admitted Lance fans in these forums :eek:), but I've been riding for about 5 years now, seriously riding for about three. Before that, I was just riding around on trails, still some of the best times I've ever had on a bike.

I know it's a lot to take in; it can even seem overwhelming at times. I remember when I first started riding how amazed I was when I saw just how much can go into it, but there are some helpful and knowledgeable people in these forums willing to answer any questions, just ask in the "bikes and gear" forum, and I'm sure you'll get some responses....just don't let that part of it ruin the fun that cycling has to offer.

Wow you must really be a pro then! Believe me...I tried so hard to learn about the gears and stuff. My friend is actually the same with me. That's why Her husband does the tickering with our bikes and we tried to watch him do it but we just couldn't stand it. Maybe we're just meant to ride it LOL

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
JessyBurke said:
Wow you must really be a pro then! Believe me...I tried so hard to learn about the gears and stuff. My friend is actually the same with me. That's why Her husband does the tickering with our bikes and we tried to watch him do it but we just couldn't stand it. Maybe we're just meant to ride it LOL

Far from a pro, but thanks for the promotion :D. I actually race mountain bikes at the "sport" level, which is basically intermediate but still extremely competitive. You see a lot of sandbaggers in those fields. In road racing, I'm CAT 5. I don't take it as seriously and use it primarily for training and fun.

When I was learning all about gear adjustments and maintenance, I would hover over guys at the local shop and ask all sorts of questions. Eventually, I learned and was offered a job :). Some of the best riders I know can barely change a flat without some sort of struggle, let alone adjust a derailleur. As for me, I wanted to learn because I felt if I learned the intricacies and nuances of my bike then it would make me a better rider. Don't know if that's true or not, but it has saved a ton of frustration on the side of the road and/or trail.

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:
Far from a pro, but thanks for the promotion :D. I actually race mountain bikes at the "sport" level, which is basically intermediate but still extremely competitive. You see a lot of sandbaggers in those fields. In road racing, I'm CAT 5. I don't take it as seriously and use it primarily for training and fun.

When I was learning all about gear adjustments and maintenance, I would hover over guys at the local shop and ask all sorts of questions. Eventually, I learned and was offered a job :). Some of the best riders I know can barely change a flat without some sort of struggle, let alone adjust a derailleur. As for me, I wanted to learn because I felt if I learned the intricacies and nuances of my bike then it would make me a better rider. Don't know if that's true or not, but it has saved a ton of frustration on the side of the road and/or trail.

I know! Hmm let's say it's more efficient and convenient if you know stuffs about the gears. But I guess it's a man's thing to learn so fast about these stuffs. As for me I wouldn't want to go and compete and take my riding to a higher level. I'm happy with it just the way I do it now. I get easily tensed when joining such competitions. Just riding with my best friend makes me happy. Keeps me in shape too that's why I really like it. I wouldn't have to spend boring hours at the gym! Hahaha! You must be a really fast learner to have been offered a job just by snooping behind a mechanic's back!

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
JessyBurke said:
I know! Hmm let's say it's more efficient and convenient if you know stuffs about the gears. But I guess it's a man's thing to learn so fast about these stuffs. As for me I wouldn't want to go and compete and take my riding to a higher level. I'm happy with it just the way I do it now. I get easily tensed when joining such competitions. Just riding with my best friend makes me happy. Keeps me in shape too that's why I really like it. I wouldn't have to spend boring hours at the gym! Hahaha! You must be a really fast learner to have been offered a job just by snooping behind a mechanic's back!

If you like just riding about with friends, stick with it. Sometimes making it competitive can just suck the joy out of something. You have to really enjoy the training workouts and self discipline, as well as the riding. I still enjoy just goofing off with friends, trying to get a little air on that jump or sprinting for the next street sign more than any race. If I go too long without racing though, I begin to miss it. I just try to find that balance between riding and racing. I try to stay in race shape, so I'm competitive when I do compete but don't want to overdo it. Besides that, racing can be expensive. I'd describe myself as a cyclist who races occaisonally, but not a racer. I've learned there is a big difference.

As for being a quick learner, there was a lot of on the job training (and dropped tools :eek:). Until I learned my way around a shop, I was mainly talking to customers and answering questions. I've been told I'm a people person....:rolleyes:

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
JessyBurke said:
... As for me I wouldn't want to go and compete and take my riding to a higher level. I'm happy with it just the way I do it now. I get easily tensed when joining such competitions....

I found it hard to see the justification in racing, but once I dabbled in it I found my ability to ride rose exponentially over the first season. It's great as the added nerves and excitement will give you the adrenalin to try things that you might normally balk at. Also, what I found locally, is that due to the graded nature of most club racing, it is the best way to find other people who ride at a similar level to you.

And if you've already got friends who you ride with, I have to say have a go at a 24/12-hour Enduro. Probably the most fun you can have in a forest with a group of friends while keeping your clothes on...

TRENDING THREADS