• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I might get hammered on for this but....

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Recently watching some of the tours first couple of stages I really began to wonder if any of these guys know how to handle their bikes? I know they can ride them but geez every othe corner their is some kinda of wreck!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
baker0127 said:
Recently watching some of the tours first couple of stages I really began to wonder if any of these guys know how to handle their bikes? I know they can ride them but geez every othe corner their is some kinda of wreck!

It is always like this in the first week. Motorization of bikes doesn't begin till week 2.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
baker0127 said:

you have never raced i assume and certainly not in the rain or snow **** happens. i have done races in snow and rain involving descents its is real easy for something to happen with 100+ riders close together all trying to get ahead.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
baker0127 said:

Gavazzi went down on that descent for basically no discernable reason so the road must have been incredibly slick. Then after he crashed a motor bike crashed and supposedly spilled oil on the road. The mechanics who tried to help the crashed riders were supposedly having trouble even walking on the road, so what can you say? It was treacherous.

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Read some of the interviews about how slick the Stockeu was. Someone stepped out of one of the support cars and fell on his ***. Riders were losing control of their bikes on straight aways. There was oil on the road and they described it like riding on a sheet of ice. The protest was disappointing for us fans. Think of how disappointed some of the riders are to build your year around the tour and have it trashed on stage 2.

TRENDING THREADS