• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I need the truth.

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm one of the people (hapless suckers) that gave Armstrong money - and it wasn't just a $1 armband. Then I started paying attention ... ruh roh!!

Armstrong's story is like a dirty armpit: all you need is one whiff to realize that something's really rank.

For everybody that wants to hero worship, there's someone like me that wrote the guy a check out of ignorance. If it costs $50 million to make the guy tell the truth and additionally scare the sh*t out of the huge # of other household name athletes who are doped to the gills and lying like cheap toupees, so be it. I'm sick of it. We need integrity. And its worth the price.

If someone is going to get a $20 million a year paycheck, fine. But I need to be able to believe the words that come out of their mouth - particularly when they decide to take on the role of managing a public trust.

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
saganftw said:
you can now give money to landis to balance it out

how did you give money to armstrong? you mean to charity or LA personaly?

I ponied up for a Livestrong membership thinking that worst case I'd be donating to a cancer charity. Was it a huge sum? No, but it's enough to make me concerned and angry that the whole thing could be run under false pretenses (the pretense of clean performances). I think there's no shortage of people like me. We deserve honest answers. We've paid for the privilege.

FWIW, I'm glad Floyd is back racing. Who cares if he wins as long as he's back doing what he loves and finds happiness in it. I'll shake his hand if I meet him, maybe buy him a beer. That boy picked a tough row to hoe. Wish I was in OR to clap for him this weekend. Hope he races in the neighborhood again soon.

AnythingButKestrel said:
I'm one of the people (hapless suckers) that gave Armstrong money - and it wasn't just a $1 armband. Then I started paying attention ... ruh roh!!

Armstrong's story is like a dirty armpit: all you need is one whiff to realize that something's really rank.

For everybody that wants to hero worship, there's someone like me that wrote the guy a check out of ignorance. If it costs $50 million to make the guy tell the truth and additionally scare the sh*t out of the huge # of other household name athletes who are doped to the gills and lying like cheap toupees, so be it. I'm sick of it. We need integrity. And its worth the price.

If someone is going to get a $20 million a year paycheck, fine. But I need to be able to believe the words that come out of their mouth - particularly when they decide to take on the role of managing a public trust.

Get coffee and start reading every single document in that link. You have a full weekend. http://www.scribd.com/Fight4Truth

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
AnythingButKestrel said:
I ponied up for a Livestrong membership thinking that worst case I'd be donating to a cancer charity. Was it a huge sum? No, but it's enough to make me concerned and angry that the whole thing could be run under false pretenses (the pretense of clean performances). I think there's no shortage of people like me. We deserve honest answers. We've paid for the privilege.

FWIW, I'm glad Floyd is back racing. Who cares if he wins as long as he's back doing what he loves and finds happiness in it. I'll shake his hand if I meet him, maybe buy him a beer. That boy picked a tough row to hoe. Wish I was in OR to clap for him this weekend. Hope he races in the neighborhood again soon.

The LiveStrong foundation unites people to fight cancer, believing that unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. So you donated to charity. If you were truly thinking worst case you would be donating to cancer charity then you thought correctly. If that was your true worst case senario you have nothing to worry about and should move on. He probably doped and might have defrauded - looking forward to the findings....

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
goober said:
The LiveStrong foundation unites people to fight cancer, believing that unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. So you donated to charity. If you were truly thinking worst case you would be donating to cancer charity then you thought correctly. If that was your true worst case senario you have nothing to worry about and should move on. He probably doped and might have defrauded - looking forward to the findings....

He probably joined livestrong.com, which means that absolutely zero money went towards fighting cancer! ;)

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Indeed, look at this post from another thread:

cyclestationgiuseppe said:
and once more you speak lies. Here is a list of the top cancer charities. And ummmmmmm duhhhhhh LA and Livestrong are not even on the list. Wise up, get out your checkbook and donate to an actual worthy cause. (or go by a Livestrong kit and come on over to CA so I can run your sorry **** off the road.)

http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html#cancer

CANCER AIP GRADE
Breast Cancer Fund A–
Breast Cancer Research Foundation A+
Cancer Care B+
Cancer Research Institute A
CureSearch/National Childhood Cancer Foundation A
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society B+
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center A
Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation A
National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund A
Prevent Cancer Foundation A–
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (ALSAC) B+
Susan G. Komen for the Cure B+

pick one!

AnythingButKestrel said:

This is a refreshingly different from all the other first time July 2010 posters. :D

Welcome :)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Pedaaldanser said:

I really really hope that this gets much much more media coverage than his doping*, because right now this is where he is screwing people and not just us mad cycling nutjobs who follow a sport and it's riders who probably glow in the dark due to their PEDs, but the screwing of people's hope and is evil.

* obviously i hope he gets found out about PED'ing 7 TdFs but the real LIE is the cancer charity, which is the only reason he got back on a bike for the exposure that was gonna give to Liestrong and the millions he wanted to make, to probably buy the TdF, now that it has been revealed he attempted to do that.

editedbymod

BANNED
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Pedaaldanser said:

I think the key to this wonderful post is the criteria used to determine the top cancer charities:

From the website:- http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html#cancer

Of the over five-hundred charities currently rated by AIP, only a select number qualify for our listing of Top-Rated charities based on our rigorous analysis. Groups included on the Top-Rated list generally spend 75% or more of their budgets on programs, spend $25 or less to raise $100 in public support, do not hold excessive assets in reserve, and receive "open-book" status for disclosure of basic financial information and documents to AIP. Please see the Criteria section of the website for more information on AIP's rating criteria and methodology.

TRENDING THREADS