• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I Told You So Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
TexPat said:
I've received e-mail from people who I haven't seen for years as well as lots of perfect strangers, thanking me for speaking out. When I left Austin nearly six years ago and immigrated to NZ, I left with my tail between my legs after being derided, publicly ridiculed, and ignored by many who were once my friends. It was very tough as I am not so very thick-skinned (thick-headed no doubt!). Getting hate-letters, for the record, is very unsettling.

I am so grateful to the thickest (skinned) of all, Betsy and David Walsh, who are both monumentally tough and determined. Without their examples, I would have scurried into a cave and hid away.
Of course, I would be remiss if I failed to mention the anonymous RaceRadio, whose knowledge and righteousness helped make this place an invaluable resource---I presume---for investigators.

Mike Anderson

Come back to the good ole USA! Armstrong is a total d---. What he did to you and your wife was totally disgusting. I read about it. You need to come back. Things are different. True that Lance will always be a rich *** without anything between his ears, but oh well. People don't respect him anymore except for his fake Livestrong fans.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Congratulations to each person-in the CN forums- and more than anything-all the key players out there who committed to expose the truth to the full length-this victory is for you & I humbly salute you for your invaluable contribution to the sport.

cheers.

It's definitely important to congratulate some of the die hard CN posters for their behind the scenes sleuthing and keeping at it.

I spotted Dr. Mas and others making it into the affidavits section querying the systex donation. Maybe someone better qualified can list the key Clinic contributors but I think it's a remarkable story in its own right, ie the virtual contributions and collaborations.

May 19, 2012
Visit site
TexPat said:
Thanks to all of the people who have worked hard at this-- and often to great personal and or professional peril.

Betsy and Emma are at the top of this list.

It has been great to see the growing level of support for the Truth. Now is a good time for me and you to say...

I told you so.

Sincerely,
Mike Anderson

P.S. I knew the tide had turned when the letters of gratitude exceeded the letters of hate and disdain.

Almost 2 and a half years from the following post till now, and 3 times that long from when that scumbag started smearing you till the folloing post. More than 8 years of smear tactics against you. Complete bs.

TexPat said:
Thanks for that. I feel the tide turning. It's the start of the day here in rainy Wellington, NZ, and that statement just made my day.
My name is Mike Anderson.
I'm proud of what I did and said. I'm tired of hiding. As engraved on one of the buildings at the University of Texas where I took a degree, "Ye shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free."

TRENDING THREADS