• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

if you could be a super hero ?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If I could be a super hero I would be Motorcycle Mechanic Man..or Triple M..
The superhero powers would include fork seal replacement,cleaning all the failed oil off brake rotors and acquiring and installing new fork springs..
also one power would be to close your eyes and make mindless nothingness riding through Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri,Iowa pass in 5 seconds..instead of the human experience of seeing flat fields of nothing for hours and days!!!

Reactions: jmdirt
Sort of on topic and due to my answer above this likely shouldn't surprise anyone. (Magneto is not exactly a hero). The MCU has managed to make Baron Zemo my favorite MCU character. I never thought I could ever like him as he's your typical villain in the comics, but he's definitely not that in the MCU. The MCU version is more anti-hero and is correct about basically everything he's said.

I would be able to fly. Self propulsion.
Then I'd fly around and take a gander at what's going on on the ground. If I saw someone walking their dog without picking up their poop, I would swoop in and say, "Hey, what are you doing? Why aren't you picking up poop? Don't you do this again."
Then I'd gain flight and perhaps notice someone wearing sandals who has the worst feet you have ever seen. We are talking gag-inducing feet that no one should be subjected to. I would say "Hey what are you doing here with your gross feet? Please go home and put on some socks and shoes. Don't let this happen again."
You know, stuff like that.

I would like to be, the as yet unknown, Invincible GOLFman!

Yes, I will make your life miserable and make you sweat, and just when you think you've won a tournament I will come from behind and win each and every hole and trophy (plus the money prize, naturally), available.

Unfortunately that is all that came to mind at this time. Stay tuned.

EDIT - if I see anyone cheating and/or fudging their scores on the golf course that too will be my duty to oversee and correct. So it's not like I'm just standing around waiting to win all the money and prizes.

...i would make golfers carry their own sticks.....incl pros...'n no electric buggys /cheating

...i would stop boxers being ars*holes at weigh ins etc...no bad mouthing opponents

...i did spot dog walker ignoring the poo.....i was straight in 'do you want a poo bag for that'...
'thanks' they replied through gritted teeth...ha ha! they were reet p!ssed...

...doing my weeks good turns i helped young woman with buggy down steps..helped with directions x 2.....picked up loads of litter..gave £50 to homeless guys

Mark L

I have another thing to announce what will happen when I become a flying superhero.
Has anyone ever seen playground parks for kids where the ground is super soft and bouncy?
I will swoop in and make sure that every concrete sidewalk in my city will be replaced by the super soft and bouncy stuff the kids get to enjoy. Imagine bouncing your way to work. Robbing banks will be even more enjoyable!

Mark L, by the sounds of it, you already are a superhero. Congrats and keep up the great work!

I'm beginning to think I'm not much of a superhero after all.
Attempts to fly to the ground and woo a stranger for coffee have so far been unsuccessful.
When I introduce myself by asking if the dreamboat spotted from the sky would like to go for coffee, I get what you might call the cold shoulder and I'm not sure why.
This superhero stuff is not what it's cracked up to be.

• Haha
Reactions: Koronin
I'm beginning to think I'm not much of a superhero after all.
Attempts to fly to the ground and woo a stranger for coffee have so far been unsuccessful.
When I introduce myself by asking if the dreamboat spotted from the sky would like to go for coffee, I get what you might call the cold shoulder and I'm not sure why.
This superhero stuff is not what it's cracked up to be.

Don't ask me for advice. The question is if you could be a superhero and my response is picking Magneto and Baron Zemo who are both more anti-hero/anti-villain than anything else.

Mark L, by the sounds of it, you already are a superhero. Congrats and keep up the great work!
quiet times! all done recently...picking up litter...lots of litter..

today included £5 note!!!! further on i gave it to someone i thought 'more deserving'

i do recall atop local pit heap..young guys mocking their young friend for trailling way behind
pushing his heavy bike to the top...i strode down 'i'll help it will be like a feather for myself'
..carried bike to top in 1 hand...it were actually reet heavy..full bounce probabably 2x weight
of my road bike....

Mark L

quiet times! all done recently...picking up litter...lots of litter..

today included £5 note!!!! further on i gave it to someone i thought 'more deserving'

i do recall atop local pit heap..young guys mocking their young friend for trailling way behind
pushing his heavy bike to the top...i strode down 'i'll help it will be like a feather for myself'
..carried bike to top in 1 hand...it were actually reet heavy..full bounce probabably 2x weight
of my road bike....

Mark L

If you don't win superhero employee of the month it will be an outrage. Superheros from all around will lodge a complaint.
As for me, I won't be able to participate.
I think I've got a case of the gout.

LOL! out at the park i pass 3 young lads trying to pull large branch out of the stream...

me 'i will pull that out for ya'....i soon realise it's jammed under a small ornamental bridge..
sod it! i jump the 3' into 9" of water and pull the branch out..

the young un's...'can't believe ya just did that for us!'.......sadly my gore tex boots proved
less than waterproof.....but i guess i exceeded the 'working height'

Mark L

So yeah, I had to take some time off to get rid of the gout, but today I felt much better and decided to spread the wings. I was out there flying around, minding my own beez wax when I saw a young man steal an elderly woman's purse. Ever since getting the gout my superhero skills have been compromised and I was unable to swoop down to make an arrest, so I just called the cops.

when i were a lad we looked after a budgie...it had a gammy foot..vet decided 'gout'..never stopped it flying?

i often experience flying dreams......i'm lucky to recall dreams vividly....in these i'm not as dull
...occasionally i have a random thought when awake and need to think..'dream /real life?'

Mark L

Reactions: the delgados
Treatment for the gout has got me off the ground, ebandit, but I gotta say it is a thankless job.
Today I was flying around and caught two jaywalkers before taking a break. So there I was in the 1-8 grocery item line when someone butted in with at least 12 items. I politely reminded him that I'm a superhero and needed to get back to work before the guy told me to eff off.
What an ***!

Sort of on topic and due to my answer above this likely shouldn't surprise anyone. (Magneto is not exactly a hero). The MCU has managed to make Baron Zemo my favorite MCU character. I never thought I could ever like him as he's your typical villain in the comics, but he's definitely not that in the MCU. The MCU version is more anti-hero and is correct about basically everything he's said.
I wish Crossbones survived and Zemo freed him as well. While Bucky is causing carnage Zemo escapes with Crossbones protecting him. During the airport scene he could arrive late with troops that cause Cap and Bucky to escape. Then at the end of the movie Black Panther fights and kills him. How I would have did it. I also wish Loki had a better death.

I wish Crossbones survived and Zemo freed him as well. While Bucky is causing carnage Zemo escapes with Crossbones protecting him. During the airport scene he could arrive late with troops that cause Cap and Bucky to escape. Then at the end of the movie Black Panther fights and kills him. How I would have did it. I also wish Loki had a better death.

I agree with you they did Crossbones wrong with his death. Yeah, Loki's death should have been better as well. It's amazing how many villains they keep killing.
After doing some reading up on Zemo in the comics he's changed a good bit to where he's more anti-hero/anti-villain depending on story arc, who's made him angry most recently and what the heck mood he happens to be in at the time.

It seems with my answer(s) here it's obvious I'm not super hero material. :laughing: Apparently if I was in the comics I'd be an anti-hero or anti-villain.

TRENDING THREADS