• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Igor Decraene Suicide

As a parent of 2 young children, the thought that a young man with the whole world ahead of him would do such a thing is terribly frightening. As perverse a comment as it may be, I hope it was a train accident...

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
classicomano said:
I read that he was on his bike riding home from a party and was accidentally caught by a train, no suicide.

Horrible. If not suicide, why would they jump to that conclusion so quickly? Being hit by a train on a bike certainly wouldn't equal suicide unless either strong evidence to that or very terrible reporting...

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
BigMac said:
I would not be so sure about that. Suicide would mean he voluntarily - for whatever reason - put an end to his life. In this case, it was an accident. Igor, like most, wanted to live and that was taken away from him. Sad.

For his family and friends I think it's probably better that he didn't want to end his life. Knowing someone close to you was in such a situation that they felt death was their only way out is a difficult thing to take. Knowing that it could have been prevented makes the whole tragedy all the worse.

It's a matter of opinion though, and very sad no matter what.

Afrank said:
For his family and friends I think it's probably better that he didn't want to end his life. Knowing someone close to you was in such a situation that they felt death was their only way out is a difficult thing to take. Knowing that it could have been prevented makes the whole tragedy all the worse.

It's a matter of opinion though, and very sad no matter what.

With that I agree.

Today was Men Junior‘s ITT WC race.

Maybe a day to remember a friendly young man who once had his biggest success in cycling on a day like today‘s…

A day to remember Belgium‘s Igor Decraene… Born nearly exactly four years before Remco - and Decraene apparently had already signed a contract with Quick-Step for his first year(s) in the U23 category.

Just spend these two minutes to read whom he beat on the day of his biggest success; you‘ll find the result, the ranking, here:

Today was Men Junior‘s ITT WC race.

Maybe a day to remember a friendly young man who once had his biggest success in cycling on a day like today‘s…

A day to remember Belgium‘s Igor Decraene… Born nearly exactly four years before Remco - and Decraene apparently had already signed a contract with Quick-Step for his first year(s) in the U23 category.

Just spend these two minutes to read whom he beat on the day of his biggest success; you‘ll find the result, the ranking, here:

Everyone who‘s still riding at a professional level today is either outside the top 10 or Matt Gibson.

TRENDING THREADS