• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Inspiring comments by McQoolAid

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Here's a thread for everyone to post their "favourite" Pat McQuaid quotes, a guy who really has the "industry's" best interests at heart and always comes to its aid asap. May the show go on....at all costs....

Here's one for starters:

All this proves is that he’s [Landis] a liar: he has stood up in court and denied these things,” McQuaid said. “He’s got absolutely no credibility. I’m annoyed at something like this” coming out during the Tour of California, he added."

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...robed-by-u-s-anti-doping-agency-update2-.html

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm there already.

Let's keep this to McQuaid quotes in general, not about what we think about him or our views of him, or just what he thinks about Landis (though that happens to be the one today). Anything that's ironic or funny, esp. with hindsight....

There should be a long list, we can add to over time....

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
There are so many topics re the letter it would get lost in that big thread.

The fact that once again the UCI is accepting a payoff to cover up a positive is worthy of it's own thread.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
Here's a thread for everyone to post their "favourite" Pat McQuaid quotes, a guy who really has the "industry's" best interests at heart and always comes to its aid asap. May the show go on....at all costs....

Here's one for starters:

All this proves is that he’s [Landis] a liar: he has stood up in court and denied these things,” McQuaid said. “He’s got absolutely no credibility. I’m annoyed at something like this” coming out during the Tour of California, he added."

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...robed-by-u-s-anti-doping-agency-update2-.html
The IOC must be proud to have accepted him last year.

6ohok1.png

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
There are so many topics re the letter it would get lost in that big thread.

The fact that once again the UCI is accepting a payoff to cover up a positive is worthy of it's own thread.

If it has not happend already, I'd imagine the shredders at UCI HQ are running overtime.

I wonder how far this goes?

Any sensible administrator would have held fire and promised a full investigation. It will be interesting to see what happens if some serious investigative journalists start checking out McQuaid and the UCI. Remember the Sonia Schenk allegations that got swept under the carpet...

Also, McQuaid seems to be struggling with the concept of tense. What this shows is the Landis was a liar, not is a liar.

Still nice to see him using the Armstrong book of personal attacks when accused of things.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Here (audio) is what Pat said in September 2007 about Lances donation.
"I can tell you that it was $100,000.
It was paid specifically to buy a sysmec machine which cost I think something in the region of $88,000 and the donation has been paid.

It was paid ,I think in actual fact it was about, the cash came in to our account, in actual fact, about ....15 months ago."

The 15 months ago is quite revealing - as this would be in May 2006 - which is after the SCA case where Lance had admitted to already giving a donation to the UCI.

It also coincides with the the release of the Vrijman report!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Lotta incest there. Makes one wonder if this could ever be cleaned up.

Is Och still involved in USA Cycling?

Yes, and he and McQuaid are buddies as well

126ejk8.jpg

Also Godfather to Lance's kid and his personal $$$ manager. It is a small world.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Here (audio) is what Pat said in September 2007 about Lances donation.

The 15 months ago is quite revealing - as this would be in May 2006 - which is after the SCA case where Lance had admitted to already giving a donation to the UCI.

It also coincides with the the release of the Vrijman report!

LOL :eek: Now that is interesting. The timing is exquisite.

Who has legal authority over UCI, or are they a law unto themselves?

Hope WADA is paying close attention this morning.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
From McQuaid himself in this article
"What's his agenda?" McQuaid said. "The guy is seeking revenge. It's sad, it's sad for cycling. It's obvious he does hold a grudge."

McQuaid said he received copies of the e-mails sent by Landis to the U.S. cycling federation, but declined to comment on their contents. He said Landis' allegations were "nothing new."

"He already made those accusations in the past,"
McQuaid said. "Armstrong has been accused many times in the past but nothing has been proved against him. And in this case, I have to question the guy's credibility. There is no proof of what he says. We are speaking about a guy who has been condemned for doping before a court."

Huh? When were these past accusations, and what did the UCI do about them?

Race Radio said:
You can include USACYCLING.

The reason this letter was leaked was because USA cycling ignored it. Wonder why?
http://www.sfweekly.com/2005-09-07/news/tour-de-farce/full

That is one heck of an article. Should be required reading for anyone who wants to understand the tentacle of ties between LA and the cycling officials who would be in charge of sanctioning him or not. Also puts a little more light onto the lack of info available for those researching the question of Levi's 1996 positive.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
More Mr. McQoolAid

More wisdom from the industry's guardian**:

"These guys coming out now with things like this from the past is only damaging the sport. If they've any love for the sport they wouldn't do it".

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wada-and-uci-issue-statements-on-landis-confession

McQoolAid and Vino have more in common than they think. Blood brothers when it comes to discussing the past--or is it the present? Both get slightly confused when it comes to tenses.

**Evidently no one at the UCI has ever heard of a conflict of interest: the guardians of the "industry's" image and simultaneously the putative regulators/testers.

These comments are fit for the Afghan Cycling Union, if there were such a thing. :rolleyes:

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
More words of wisdom from Chairman Fatty McQuacky:

The fact is that we caught Floyd Landis and, at the end of the day, we continue to catch guys that beat the system,” he said. “It strikes me that with Landis, it’s just a last roll of a desperate man. It’s unfortunate. He’s turned on us.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/21/sports/cycling/21cycling.html?pagewanted=2&ref=cycling

"Us"? :eek:

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

zxtncz.jpg

Have heard that the wife has ordered a strict diet for McFatty. McQuacky's breakfasts from now on, from his fav restaurant, guess what? The Fat Duck:

30lkv7n.jpg

The UCI's new corporate motto for McQuacky: "BIG BOWL, small cereal"

http://www.pbase.com/jp_photos/lunch_at_the_fat_duck

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
More from McQuacky, our UCI intellect-tool.

1- "Let's move forward. As president of the UCI, I prefer to look forward to the cycling of today and the cycling of tomorrow, rather than the cycling of yesterday and years gone by. And that includes Floyd Landis and what have you."

AND

"That is a message for any cyclist today - if he decides to get involved in a doping programme, that it may eventually come back to haunt him. There is no statute of limitations in relation to that, so it is a good lesson from that point of view."

And per TheHog on McQuaid's take on Landis/Armstrong.

2 - "The UCI regrets that Mr. Landis has publicly accused individuals without allowing sufficient time for the relevant US authorities to investigate."

AND

"The International Cycling Union (UCI) has confirmed that it yesterday morning requested the relevant National Federations to carry out inquiries into the accusations made by Mr Floyd Landis.... The UCI's request is aimed at establishing, in an objective manner, whether or not events potentially constituting a breach of the Anti-Doping Rules occurred. This does not in any way imply that the UCI considers the allegations made by Mr Landis to have any basis."

TRENDING THREADS