• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Interesting BBC radio piece on power outputs

Turner29 said:
Perhaps some sort of a "test of champions" should be in every Tour de France: Alpe d'Huez.
[OT]
Might as well line up a few Lemond ergo machines and do a real time ergotrainer race. I was born below sea level, and lived away from mountains all my life. When I happened to be in BdO, I rode up AdH as a detour, to see what the fuss was all about. It like like an hour+ of dead headwind through the flatlands, with almost 2 dozen moments of relief in the corner. Not much different from the ride up from Grenoble I'd just done, I just held back less.
I was glad when it was over, so I could continue my day with something that felt more like riding a bike away from home. Please don't support the most boring mountain continue to be over-hyped. What has it got to do with the challenges of pro cycling? It to cycling what indoor rowing is to rowing.
[/OT]

TRENDING THREADS