• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Interesting Pinotti Interview

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
function said:
I'm interested in sensible intelligent discussion, not wild speculation. There is certainly a lot to discuss regarding drug usage in professional sports, both from a physiological and sociological point of view, without having to make up random accusations based on podium placings and what team someone rode on when they were neo-pro. I post on here because there is the occasional post or thread that is interesting, but unfortunately those are frequently drowned out.

Please do not delete the important part of my post where i list those people who add to the discussion here unlike people still in 2011 trying to defend Gunderson.

due to the nature of doping, a lot of it is speculation.

A certain Team owner talked in here, the clinic, about joining the dots on a certain rider and getting it wrong. A lot of discussion in here comes from looking at the dots and then trying to analyse them and back them up with evidence.

Those who get drowned out are obvious trolls.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
function said:
I'm interested in sensible intelligent discussion, not wild speculation. There is certainly a lot to discuss regarding drug usage in professional sports, both from a physiological and sociological point of view, without having to make up random accusations based on podium placings and what team someone rode on when they were neo-pro. I post on here because there is the occasional post or thread that is interesting, but unfortunately those are frequently drowned out.[/QUOTE]

I'd tend to agree. Generalizing that the Clinic forum is totally biased isn't discussing a topic, either but many of the discussions degrade into an all or nothing argument for both sides. As for Pinotti's approach; I'll give him a C-on content and a C on having some balls. Unfortunately there are few others speaking that have enough prominence to be a representative Pro opinion. I truly want to believe there are enough clean cyclists to make this a sport rather than a circus but it's hard not to be cynical.

Benotti69 said:
A lot of discussion in here comes from looking at the dots and then trying to analyse them and back them up with evidence.

The only 'evidence' there seems to be about Pinotti is that he has been on some suspect teams, he hasn't spoken out as much as some people would've wanted and that other cyclists have lied in the past.

That applies to pretty much every professional cyclist, except that most of them don't say anything.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
luckyboy said:
The only 'evidence' there seems to be about Pinotti is that he has been on some suspect teams, he hasn't spoken out as much as some people would've wanted and that other cyclists have lied in the past.

That applies to pretty much every professional cyclist, except that most of them don't say anything.

They have all been suspect teams. The same people running the teams in the 90s are still around, they haven't gone away you know, so the suspicions are well founded.

TRENDING THREADS