• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Interesting snippet - Armstrong contacted UCI

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Tinman said:
Not only that.

HE claimed to have never 1. become a pro cyclist because 2. he didnt want to dope.
1. he was a procyclist for several years 2. he claimed years ago that doping was never talked about, didnt exist in his days. Lying?

http://www.lionelbirnie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Cycle-Sport.pdf

HE called Tyler and Floyd "scumbags" for speaking out. Defamatory?

HE said USADA witnesses only testified because of FED pressure. Vaughters contradicts this on twitter today, said they spoke out of own free will. Lying and defamatory?
Funniest thing I read yesterday was Paddy complaining that they all were pressured by being required to give their testimony under penalty of perjury. Penalty of perjury. Can younimagine that??!! Paddy and the boys don't like the prospect of criminal sanctions for lying. I can only conclude that Paddy wants all courts of law to do away with the requirement to testify under oath. Oh, what a lying scumbag Paddy is.

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Funniest thing I read yesterday was Paddy complaining that they all were pressured by being required to give their testimony under penalty of perjury. Penalty of perjury. Can younimagine that??!! Paddy and the boys don't like the prospect of criminal sanctions for lying. I can only conclude that Paddy wants all courts of law to do away with the requirement to testify under oath. Oh, what a lying scumbag Paddy is.

As well as being a lie, it's bonkers, isn't it? Imagine being so annoyed that people were going to be compelled to tell the truth in support of the fight against doping that you're so keen to be seen to lead.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Armstrong doesn't have to walk up to a podium and announce his role in colluding with uci in the hoax. He can just humiliate them with dribs and drabs of dirt and evidence for a long time. My God it's amazing how people like this find each other.

I am going to get diverticulitis from all this popcorn.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
Armstrong can't come back and apologize now. He's in too deep. Everybody knows the UCI is already full of **** because do Verbruggen and McQuaid. If Armstrong ever wants to come out and blame it all in the UCI, who cares? It's like Al Capone or John Gotti blaming the corrupt police system that his mafia was paying off.
And like Capone and other mob leaders, he may eventually get nailed for criminal violations of the tax code. Maybe he can share a cell with the CEO of Livestrong. :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Cimacoppi49 said:

In case you don't know this calling an irish man "Paddy" is akin to calling a black man the N word. Your use of Paddy is offensive to me and I think you should slap your face please.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Cimacoppi49 said:
And like Capone and other mob leaders, he may eventually get nailed for criminal violations of the tax code. Maybe he can share a cell with the CEO of Livestrong. :D

Yes, I can only hope. And, is the Livestrong CEO dirty. I always had my suspicions of the entire premise of that organization. It's a total farce. Armstrong derives a ****load of money from those anti-cancer funds.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Master50 said:
In case you don't know this calling an irish man "Paddy" is akin to calling a black man the N word. Your use of Paddy is offensive to me and I think you should slap your face please.

Give me a break. Paddy is a nickname for Patrick, which historically just happens to be a very common name in Ireland. My name is Dave, I am from as close to Dagenham as makes no bl00dy difference, and therefore I am a stereotype and not a good one. And the problem I have with this is... nothing. PC nonsense.

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
dadane said:
Give me a break. Paddy is a nickname for Patrick, which historically just happens to be a very common name in Ireland. My name is Dave, I am from as close to Dagenham as makes no bl00dy difference, and therefore I am a stereotype and not a good one. And the problem I have with this is... nothing. PC nonsense.

As a proud Irishman I can say with authority that I don't take offence to being steryotyped as Patty. Maybe I'm too stupid or drunk to figure it out. I'll just keep walking the beat in Boston, slapping the Italians about. As for fat Pat. I could think of 100 things to call him worse than Patty. I wish Lemond was Irish, would love to buy him a drink. As for communication between UCI and Armstrong I'm wondering if the Feds came up with any evidence in their investigation. Would love to read that brief.