• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Interesting Twitter post

May 4, 2009
Visit site
This is a recent Twitter update from team Columbia rider Greg Henderson

Greghenderson1 Some interesting announcements to be made tomorrow. Very interesting. All good for the sport of cycling though. 24 minutes ago

what are everybodies thoughts on what this means? do you think it has anything to do with the biological passport?

Doug Laipple said:
Don't they still have a lot more names to release?
What are they waiting for?

No. Evidently Pat McQuaid once again showed what a moron he is by bumbling the bio passport announcement. The fifty riders mentioned were the riders who are now normally watched and tested extra heavy. The handful of riders who don't have a team or are has beens that were announced were the great product of the vaunted bio passport. All that money and public relations to catch five nobodies. What a scam.

My bet is that the announcement will have something to do with sponsorship and nothing to do with doping.

A

Anonymous

theyve discovered the bio passport system doesnt work and they are bringing in a new testing method involving all rider toilets being linked to computers so all urine they pass is automatically analysed, their toilet is linked to twitter and any positives are immediately announced?

joking aside.. if the riders know.. WHY DONT WE? makes me feel its something very dull like the vuelta is moving, or the pro tour has been scrapped..

nathan_peace said:
This is a recent Twitter update from team Columbia rider Greg Henderson

Greghenderson1 Some interesting announcements to be made tomorrow. Very interesting. All good for the sport of cycling though. 24 minutes ago

what are everybodies thoughts on what this means? do you think it has anything to do with the biological passport?

How about this one from Jani Brajkovic: "Have u ever been in a situation when u tried to help some1, but at the end that same person says u worked against him? Not nice."

What could this Astana Tour team finalist, who didn't make it, be talking about?

Ninety5rpm said:
How about this one from Jani Brajkovic: "Have u ever been in a situation when u tried to help some1, but at the end that same person says u worked against him? Not nice."

What could this Astana Tour team finalist, who didn't make it, be talking about?

Unless I missed a race with both Brajikovic and Contador on the squad, it has to be something with Leipheimer or Armstrong during the Giro.

I cannot think of anything during the Giro that would explain it.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Unless I missed a race with both Brajikovic and Contador on the squad, it has to be something with Leipheimer or Armstrong during the Giro.

I cannot think of anything during the Giro that would explain it.

Have no idea how the race unfolded, but imagine he was referring to the Slovenian national road race championship. I imagine it's an interesting dynamic for some of the national championships when the strongest rider there has no team to support him and is up against full local teams of riders.

Or we can assume that Levi and Lance are to blame...

A

Anonymous

RandomThought said:
Have no idea how the race unfolded, but imagine he was referring to the Slovenian national road race championship. I imagine it's an interesting dynamic for some of the national championships when the strongest rider there has no team to support him and is up against full local teams of riders.

Or we can assume that Levi and Lance are to blame...

to be honest i think the least lance could have done is move to slovenia three years ago, qualify for a slovenian passport and help out his teammate.. :/

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
barcarules said:
Columbia has a new co-sponsor for the Tour. Not sure who, but their logo is green. Word was that they are announcing today.

I hope that means that will be changing their friggin jersey's to something that doesn't resemble a comedy apron...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I suppose it's a bit crap that whenever there is an announcement to be made, we all automatically assume the worst, and assumes it's going to be some massive doping scandal.

*sigh*

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
it's columbia-htc now. new kits to be revealed friday

Columbia-hgh?.....oh, wait.......htc. Oh well, for one second I thought there was some truth in advertising......

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
grimpeur said:
Agreed... when that kit was unveiled the riders must have crapped.

the new design is here:
350__1_french-maid-apron-with-breasts---large.jpg

TRENDING THREADS