• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

International Bayern Rundfahrt

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I thought this race deserves a thread on its own as well.

Great to see Greipel getting back in shape after his injury.
But what's going on with Milram? Wegmann in third and Ciolek in 10th? Looks strange.

As for the overall, Milram really need a result. Knees or Gerdemann has to do well here. Martin and Monfort will probably be strong for Columbia.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Two German riders first today, Eibegger and Denifl from ELK Haus. Gerdemann in third and Monfort in fourth. Thomas Peterson in eighth, 19 seconds back. The overall should be decided among the eight first today - Gerdemann should do well in the TT. Milram need som success from him.

And my Tony Martin prediction was quite a bit off the mark - 25 minutes behind :)

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Greipel won again today, ahead of Haussler.

Wonder if Greipel can do a GT without being lead-out man for Cavendish, would be interesting to see what he could do.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Tony Martin won ahead of Bert Grabsch in the TT today. Martin is certainly turning into a fantastic rider against the clock. Someone to watch in the World Championships perhaps?

Gerdemann in third and Monfort in fourth. Monfort seems to be going better against the closk this season than before. In the GC, Gerdemann is in the lead, 10 seconds ahead of Monfort.

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Gerdemann did very well yesterday. He's not really fit right now but at least with his time trial. He worked a lot this season on his TT, so we will see on Tour de France how it will go...

But we really need this win. We have a very good and balanced squad, but there are no results right now... And I'm still hoping for Gerald Ciolek. In modern peloton he is my absolutely favourite rider. Come on, Gerald :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts