• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Interview with Jakob Moerkeberg

The last few answers are interesting.

AS: Bjarne Riis ended Saxo Bank's internal testing program, saying that the bio passport alone is sufficient. Do you think the bio passport is doing its job?

JM: Yes, definitely. I think it's a step in the right direction. I won't say it's perfect, but the bio passport has decreased the amount of doping you can do without being caught. It has decreased the allowed fluctuations you can have. I think it's on the right track.

AS: So doping might still exist, but not to the magnitude it used to be at? People might be cheating, but just not as much, so it might be easier for clean athletes to compete?

JM: Difficult to say, but I hope so.

AS: Have you been contacted by any members of the US media?

JM: The Associated Press contacted me.

Not sure what Bernard thinks about decreased amount of doping without being caught.

I still think the passport is more about providing a framework for doping with an upper limit. I guess after that it comes down to the theory of "best responders"?

TRENDING THREADS