• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Interview with Mike Creed

Vere interesting, especially in light of what Ball said today about feeling like he bears some of the brunt of Hamilton's positive because of the pressure he put on Tyler.

This part that Creed said was interesting:

I started thinking about it, and it was so...somebody's who's been convicted of child molestation, has to write down an address, and nobody checks to see if the address is right, and they just write down an address, this is where I'm living, and they do it once a year. Somebody who's on probation calls their probation officer once a week or once a month to tell them this is what I'm doing. Yes, I'm still in the state. F***ing professional cyclist has to write where they're going to be every day, without fault.

But what is the solution? As we are discussing elsewhere, IMO the UCI and other governing bodies need to go after the support as much as the riders. By support I mean managers, doctors, trainers, soigners, etc. That would be a better starting point. And if the UCI won't do it, the sponsors themselves need to set such a system up.

Alpe d'Huez said:
But what is the solution? As we are discussing elsewhere, IMO the UCI and other governing bodies need to go after the support as much as the riders. By support I mean managers, doctors, trainers, soigners, etc. That would be a better starting point. And if the UCI won't do it, the sponsors themselves need to set such a system up.

Very good point. This is drug related and as far as I've seen in most drug busting movies they generally don't go after the small fish but try to get to the source. What's the point of trying to fry small fish when you have the king pin supplying the next batch of fresh young riders trying to get the edge over their rivals. I'm not saying don't punish the riders but it can't stop there. The team has to feel the pinch in order for them to start doing something about it. If you continually have riders that are being caught out under certain team directors then surely you should be investigating why this is happening?!?! All in all the sport will continue to suffer till they get fresh people unrelated to the "old" guard in the decision making positions.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Money is the ultimate motivator for misdeed. Follow the money, and you will find the sources of your problem. It's systemic, not just those at the top.

TRENDING THREADS