• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Introducing myself

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Jez Smith riding with CCGiro in Birmingham
used to ride in a very strange club in southampton until I moved for my work, my old club was run by old men more concerned with timetrials and not doing anything different than they had been for the past 50 years, than doing anything useful for the club members.
training hard for my second season with a club where the attitude is generaly more positive and strange people don't get their lycra in a twist if you try to improve things.
I would highly recommend finding a club with no commitee like CCGiro for a refreshing idea of what a cycling club should be like.
Some people from sotonia who have problems with reality basically will try to get me banned from the forum but they have problems and I need to pay a visit to my old club next week to see some of the normal people down there and explain to them the joys of riding in a club with no commitee,multiple rides in the week, no bull**** and nobody going psycotic if you don't like timetrials.
Oh before I forget the other benifit is that people just ride without getting involved in silly games with t'commitee.The vast majority of sotonia people are perfectly normal its just spoilt by a few slightly odd people.

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
oh yeah

I forgot to say
Sorry if you are a delusional member of sotonia but Ive spent the last 6 months riding with sane people 3 times a week in a club where if you get some litttle boy like let's say Tombo Knowlton who thinks he is the next Mercx then they go off and join racing team development squads and they spend a season racing in france or Belguim, they certainly don't hang around playing timetrials, so I was thinking as tombo's brother is still shouting monster at anyone who drops him I should come and do the sotty reliability and drop him and demonstrate the benifits of riding with people who just get on with it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
can someone tell what the fornication is happening here?
I think that this person lives in the same country as me. Or it could be Birmingham, Alabama, USA - which would explain a lot if the stereotypes are accurate :) Other than that, I'm afraid that I'm as speechless as you! I believe that this person may be a time trialler although, again I could be wrong. I believe that this person has discovered, through a professional relocation, that other forms of road riding exist, though again, I could be wrong. And he has a relative who went to the Low Countries once and some people shouted at him. Or his brother. Again, I might be wrong. :confused:

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Jez you appear to be lost. The forum you want is Veloriders in the UK.
This one is for fanboys and haters to argue about Lance Armstrong.

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Jez, it is in your best interests if you don't show up at meer green on a sat/sun morning. You are also banned from the Giro and would be best if you don't wear your kit anymore as it looks bad for the club. And also lmfao! you got dropped on the bash the other day before we even started doing through and off, that mountain biker hung on longer than you!

A

Anonymous

And theres me thinking britiish cycle clubs where freindly, open to anyone, and encouraging..

A

Anonymous

Ripper said:
That model sure should not be posted on the Babes on Bikes thread :p

I thought it, i just didnt say it. Sometimes its best to just think :D

A

Anonymous

Ripper said:
Well they are using a troglodyte to model clothes, so I turned the inside/outside filter off :D

the 2009 annual dinner looks a blast though..

someone won a copy of blazing saddles in the raffle, and someone else a bottle of whisky, and a lovely couple won two bottles of jacobs creak..

Hmm, whos the hot young filly with the chocolates.. wonder how she would look in pink lycra..

damn... 2008 annual dinner, that dude needs to wear anti-perspirant..

TRENDING THREADS