• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Introducing ourselves.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Given the global nature of this web site, I would strongly encourage all to at least give some indication of where they are from. And no, my reason isnt to devine whom you root for...

It is to understand what language difficulties I may be presented with when trying to make a point.

For example, do you think it would make a difference where I lived were I to say:
I was quite pissed yesterday when I commented...

I request because it might provide a bit more clarity, and perhaps a bit less visceral acrimony.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
For example, do you think it would make a difference where I lived were I to say:

:D I have my Bucks (Stag?) Party on saturday.....and im planning to get quite ****ed. So will all of my mates. A good time will be had by all ;)

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Cobber said:
Expatriot Aussie living in Atlanta. Well... expatriot Aussie slowly dying of smog inhalation in Atlanta, anyway.

funny and so very true, Cobber. I'm about 1.5 hours north of you in Chattanooga, TN, but originally from the Philippines.

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
Given the global nature of this web site, I would strongly encourage all to at least give some indication of where they are from. And no, my reason isnt to devine whom you root for...

It is to understand what language difficulties I may be presented with when trying to make a point.

I request because it might provide a bit more clarity, and perhaps a bit less visceral acrimony.

we're heading to Steamboat for the first time this coming Feb-Mar. always heard great things about your mountain so we're pretty stoked.

A

Anonymous

I am a man from Nantucket
Who's ......

Okay, I am from Charlotte NC for those who cannot read my location info...I have no limerick for Charlotte...

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
..For example, do you think it would make a difference where I lived were I to say:

Born and raised in Ireland - currently residing in Florida.

So if you said you were pissed yesterday in Florida it means you were in a bad mood, where if you said you were pissed yesterday in Ireland then it means you are hungover and probably in bad mood today :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I am a man from Nantucket
Who's ......

Okay, I am from Charlotte NC for those who cannot read my location info...I have no limerick for Charlotte...

There once was a lady from Charlotte
Who fancied herself quite the starlet
On the couch she was cast
And they did it so fast
that now she's the director's harlot.

That any use to you?:D

A

Anonymous

A celt who has the misfortune of living in england...

and im rarely p1ssed although i do sometimes get annoyed..

A

Anonymous

I'm 45, love music and long walks on the beach...

No really, I'm 45 and live in The Peoples Republic of California (Southern, suburban Los Angeles), USA.

And I like beer. Alot.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm a Brit and currently pissed and very happy about the fact. Cheers!

I'm also quite new to the idea that RR cycling is more than one hour highlights for 3 weeks in July and so don't post much but am learning lots through lurking.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Demi English, demi Irish... had to move to Canada to get over myself.

In Canada, I can be pissed and pissed at the same time. I've become pissed when I couldn't get out with the lads to get pissed. I've become pissed to get over what got me pissed. It's all in the context.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
get a grip pounder there was a grip of dudes in the local coffee crew session this am in the OC, bro. none of whom could grip my wheel

TRENDING THREADS