• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Introducing ourselves.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm from Raleigh, NC....I'm 40...you can call me Jay, or you can call me Ray...but don't ever call me Francis...or I'll kill ya!!

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
My names Michael, originally from Brooklyn moved to southern california, now I live in Jamaica and Majadahonda, Madrid. My main job is that I own a aerodynamic facility in Madrid.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
36 year old, 1st generation Hungarian living in St. Paul, Minnesota. My parents left Hungary in '56 because they had enough of war and revolution. Ironically enough, now I live in a country that starts wars and funds revolutions.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
36 year old, 1st generation Hungarian living in St. Paul, Minnesota. My parents left Hungary in '56 because they had enough of war and revolution. Ironically enough, now I live in a country that starts wars and funds revolutions.

You can move if you want...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently living in Greensboro, NC for graduate school. home to the "sketchiest" bike route. But I love being able to bike 20 minutes and be in open country, with lots of hills. Plus it's a fun city, close to the mountains(1hour) and not so close to the beach (3 hours).

[Quote:
Originally Posted by RDV4ROUBAIX View Post
36 year old, 1st generation Hungarian living in St. Paul, Minnesota. My parents left Hungary in '56 because they had enough of war and revolution. Ironically enough, now I live in a country that starts wars and funds revolutions. [/QUOTE]

TRDean said:
You can move if you want...

Why should he have to move? Wasn't he born in the US and has lived all his life there?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ruamruam said:
[Quote:
Originally Posted by RDV4ROUBAIX View Post

Why should he have to move? Wasn't he born in the US and has lived all his life there?[/QUOTE]

Was I talking to you? I don't know where you live...but here in the States there are a lot of people who disparage the country. My comment was such that if you don't like it you can leave...being a free country and all. But seeing as you are so much superior to me...and how I am morally bankrupt I shall bow down to your wisdom oh king. That is sarcasm!

{QUOTE=TRDean;92516]Was I talking to you? I don't know where you live...but here in the States there are a lot of people who disparage the country. My comment was such that if you don't like it you can leave...being a free country and all. But seeing as you are so much superior to me...and how I am morally bankrupt I shall bow down to your wisdom oh king. That is sarcasm![/QUOTE]

This is a public forum so I am entitled to comment. I am sorry if that upsets you.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ruamruam said:
{QUOTE=TRDean;92516]Was I talking to you? I don't know where you live...but here in the States there are a lot of people who disparage the country. My comment was such that if you don't like it you can leave...being a free country and all. But seeing as you are so much superior to me...and how I am morally bankrupt I shall bow down to your wisdom oh king. That is sarcasm!

This is a public forum so I am entitled to comment. I am sorry if that upsets you.[/QUOTE]

You have a crush on me or something...stalking a little?? Get a life buddy.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Please stop. I was merely pointing out the irony in thought between generations of my parents and myself. Don't assume I don't love my home country (US), because it's just untrue. But telling me I can move if I want based on what I said is a bit over the top considering this was an intro to forum members.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Please stop. I was merely pointing out the irony in thought between generations of my parents and myself. Don't assume I don't love my home country (US), because it's just untrue. But telling me I can move if I want based on what I said is a bit over the top considering this was an intro to forum members.

Look...for crying out loud...I said I didn't want to debate...read that...if you have a beef it is with my stalker...ruamruam...he is the one that brought it back up. I appreciate irony in your life. I'm glad you love the US..we have that in common!!! I'll reciprocate...if you want to debate pm me.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
loved and laughed at most of the responses.

But still, I hope that many will edit their UserCP with information indicative of original tongue/predominate dialect.

Important for those of us born and raised in a country not where we currently reside. FWIW, I was born and raised in the BDR and have spent a fair amount of time with cousins in Sweden and Switzerland, yet most of my 49 years of life has been here in Colorado.

TRDean said:
Look...for crying out loud...I said I didn't want to debate...read that...if you have a beef it is with my stalker...ruamruam...he is the one that brought it back up. I appreciate irony in your life. I'm glad you love the US..we have that in common!!! I'll reciprocate...if you want to debate pm me.

I answered two of your posts, that hardly makes me a stalker!!!

Mar 31, 2009
www.barbrides.com
I live in Berkeley, CA USA. I get ****ed when I'm out riding and cyclists blow through stop signs, cause me to rip a skid to avoid getting hit then get angry when I point out that they had the stop sign, not me. That said everything I need is within walking or biking distance.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm Wally, originally from Germany. I've been living twenty miles outside of Washington D.C. for the last twenty five years. Lived in Miami for a few years prior to that. I'll take the liberty and say I'm amongst the older heads on here. Had I the good fortune to race in Europe in my youth, I'm afraid I would have been up against the likes of The Badger and The Professor.

knewcleardaze said:
I'm Wally, originally from Germany. I've been living twenty miles outside of Washington D.C. for the last twenty five years. Lived in Miami for a few years prior to that. I'll take the liberty and say I'm amongst the older heads on here. Had I the good fortune to race in Europe in my youth, I'm afraid I would have been up against the likes of The Badger and The Professor.

Ha! I was born in DC and lived in Falls Church, before moving to Germany.

Susan

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am Jas Bone and this is my first forum entry here.. Since I am new to forum community and I feel I am in midst of my own learning curve. I feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.Thank you for sharing the post...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Just shy of 40 U.S. expat living just outside of Oslo, Norway...by way of Alabama, Tennessee, Germany, Utah, Panama, California, an so on...

I like this place though, so I think I'll stick around for a while :D