• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Introducing ourselves.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi
I'm 55 yo and live in a western suburb of Chicago,Illinois

I'm not ****ed but am distraught over my garage burning down yesterday.
Yes, All the bikes were destroyed!! :eek:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah my name is Craig and I was born on June 11 1985. That makes me one day younger then Andy Schlek, and I feel like I have wasted my life until now :p. I was born in New Zealand and moved to Australia when I was 13 and a half and I have been here ever since. I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland, an hour south of Brisbane, and home of quite a few professional cyclists (Robbie McEwen being the highest profile), as well as some former pro cyclists as well.

That's my life story, not that interesting.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
quadsRme said:
Hi
I'm 55 yo and live in a western suburb of Chicago,Illinois

I'm not ****ed but am distraught over my garage burning down yesterday.
Yes, All the bikes were destroyed!! :eek:

Ahh man...sorry to hear that. Hope your insurance takes care of you! High-end bikes always seem to "confuse" the adjusters...

Born and raised in the beautiful North West of Ireland but left at 19 to go to college. Since then I have lived abroad for about two thirds of the last 13 years, including substantial periods in England, USA, Australia, French/Belgian border on Belgian side and a few months in Spain so I like to think I have an international prespective so if you find me offering a critique on a certain nationality/mindset, its not based on some unfounded stereotyping. The races I have attended also reflects my wandering nature.

Tour
Giro
Vuelta
Paris-Roubaix
Tour of Flanders
Ghent-Wevelgem
Fleche Wallone
Circuit Franco-Belge
GP Wallonie
GP Denain
Tour of Switzerland
Tour of Britain
Tour of Ireland
Irish National Championshs
Ras
Tour Down Under
Classico Almeria
San Francisco GP
Philadelphia US Pro Champs
Cyclo-Cross Belgium/France

Currently back home in Ireland but my recent trip to the Vuelta has got the mind wandering again so another move in the new year could be possible. I just cannot decide where I want to live. Help!!

pmcg76 said:
Born and raised in the beautiful North West of Ireland but left at 19 to go to college. Since then I have lived abroad for about two thirds of the last 13 years, including substantial periods in England, USA, Australia, French/Belgian border on Belgian side and a few months in Spain so I like to think I have an international prespective so if you find me offering a critique on a certain nationality/mindset, its not based on some unfounded stereotyping. The races I have attended also reflects my wandering nature.

Tour
Giro
Vuelta
Paris-Roubaix
Tour of Flanders
Ghent-Wevelgem
Fleche Wallone
Circuit Franco-Belge
GP Wallonie
GP Denain
Tour of Switzerland
Tour of Britain
Tour of Ireland
Irish National Championshs
Ras
Tour Down Under
Classico Almeria
San Francisco GP
Philadelphia US Pro Champs
Cyclo-Cross Belgium/France

Currently back home in Ireland but my recent trip to the Vuelta has got the mind wandering again so another move in the new year could be possible. I just cannot decide where I want to live. Help!!

Seeing as there will be the two new ProTour events in Canada, that could be an idea.

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
flyor64 said:
Ahh man...sorry to hear that. Hope your insurance takes care of you! High-end bikes always seem to "confuse" the adjusters...

Thanks. I am hoping it goes well. I have spoke to the adjuster yesterday and she is aware of the type of bikes that were destroyed. I am trying to remain positive.

I'll update the forum 'as time goes by....'

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,holy smokes the internet has shrunk the world to the size of a pinhead.I was born and still reside in Cleveland,Ohio.MY age.....lets see....Old enough to know better,young enough to try it again;)One more clue,I've been 21 for the last 36 years:D.Its a pleasure meeting all of you!

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
First 18 yrs in Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines then USA for the next two plus decades. Just moved from Tucson, Arizona (great riding) to Philadelphia, PA to be nearer aging parents. Road/Car culture seems less tolerant of cyclists here.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
quadsRme said:
Thanks. I am hoping it goes well. I have spoke to the adjuster yesterday and she is aware of the type of bikes that were destroyed. I am trying to remain positive.

I'll update the forum 'as time goes by....'

Please do. Good luck!

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
I live in Willunga and run a small shop in a tiny building in McLaren Vale South Australia. It's great area to live, oodles of nice quiet country roads to choose from, some good MTB'ing in the forest less than 45minutes ride (on dirt roads) from home and a really nice rail trail for family riding and for commuting when not in a rush.

As far as age goes I've got less than three months to find some semblance of fitness before I'm old enough to join the local veterans cycling club.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
36 and living in Southern California, Inland Empire. By the way of Providence Rhode Island, and Central California. I have been riding since I was 13 years old. And only started racing again since my early 20's

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I am 46 and currently living in Central California (you probably would not have guessed). I have lived in Washington, Oregon, Arizona, and Colorado. Started with snow skiing as my sport of choice and moved to cycling during my last year in college (much easier on the knees). The skiing background is probably why I like going downhill much more than the flats.

I did take a detour for work and spent several years racing Hobiecats but went back to the bike a couple of years ago.

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello Canada

Hi

I am brunon cyryl,.I am Freelance Photographer...And my hobbies is to make friends,Travelling,watching beautiful scenes and capturing them...
There are many interesting things I have seen in the site.i always look for informative things. So i hope this side wiil help me..

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Hello from Flanders

Hi,

i'm 28, living in Geraardsbergen, Belgium, at the foot of the famous "Muur". Crazy about cycling in general and a passionate bike rider myself (5000km a year).
Always willing to guide you around in my town or the Flemish Ardennes. Preferably by bike, climbing the Koppenberg or the Oude Kwaremont will be a unique experience :).

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Hello!

I'm from Finland.
26 years old IT-student who lives for cycling. I especially ride on road and this autumn I managed to buy cyclocross bike. In future I'm hoping to buy mountain bike too. Just to ride the Tahko MTB event.
I'll try to follow pro cycling as much as possible when I have time from my studying and riding. Normal year must be between 4000 and 6000 km for me.

TRENDING THREADS