• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

IS Cancellara riding worlds?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
screaming fist said:
According to Swiss newspapers he has a press conference scheduled tomorrow morning - at the airport. It's likely he'll announce his next team and participation in the world championships there.

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/weitere/Cancellaras-Weg-fuehrt-wohl-nach-Ltzebuerg/story/26837078

He'll ride. Cuddles his new team mate is riding so Fabian will as well. Common sense, the team trades one WC jersey for another the next season. I'll be gobsmacked if Cancellara isn't riding for BMC next year.

Galic Ho said:
He'll ride. Cuddles his new team mate is riding so Fabian will as well. Common sense, the team trades one WC jersey for another the next season. I'll be gobsmacked if Cancellara isn't riding for BMC next year.

If Canc wins the Worlds and joins BMC then they will have have the last 3 world champions on that team.

But i agree with timmy, its looking like schleck brothers team.

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
If Canc wins the Worlds and joins BMC then they will have have the last 3 world champions on that team.

But i agree with timmy, its looking like schleck brothers team.

Phinney has apparently signed for BMC (the transfer thread). Right after the weekend where Cancellara is off Saxos hands. I have been pretty sure for some time that Phinney would wait and see what Cancellara does because it would be good for him to learn from Cancellara. This I'll take as a sign for Cancellara to BMC. But again other strong signs point towards Schleck.

Galic Ho said:

Fingers crossed - in my opinion that's much more interesting than if he goes to Lux...

Ruxen1989 said:
Phinney has apparently signed for BMC (the transfer thread). Right after the weekend where Cancellara is off Saxos hands. I have been pretty sure for some time that Phinney would wait and see what Cancellara does because it would be good for him to learn from Cancellara. This I'll take as a sign for Cancellara to BMC. But again other strong signs point towards Schleck.

Apparently, at least from his airport press conference, FC hasn't even decided yet...

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
JPM London said:
Fingers crossed - in my opinion that's much more interesting than if he goes to Lux...

He said he had to look after his own interests, if he goes to team Schleck then its more of the same for him. that team already has 2 GT leaders, can it sustain Cancellara as a classics leader and still ask the dude to ride 1 or 2 GTs? btw now Porte is thinking about next year. wtf is going on with that team? it cant be all Contador.

TRENDING THREADS