• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

is CAS discredited?

is the CAS discredited?

• Yes, but the little Boss is the real Boss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
as many people say, i think the CAS with its recent judgements want to kill cycling( mainly Ulrich case)

Soon, the will maybe stripped Coppi titles..

This guys have no right to change the results like this (7 years after..)

Alberto has right, it is the fan who decide who is the real winner!

the3verB said:
as many people say, i think the CAS with its recent judgements want to kill cycling( mainly Ulrich case)

And all along I'm thinking the winner is the first guy across the line that does so without cheating.

I have decided (for no particular reason), that Thomas Voeckler is the winner of last year's Tour. Not because I know (or think) Cadel or the Schlecks doped, but solely because it is my right according to Contador.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
the3verB said:

CAS = Court of Arbitration for Sport.

CAS do not get to select what cases come to them, they are the court that hears cases brought to them by either WADA or UCI(or other Sporting Feds) or the athlete.

the3verB said:

Do you believe the tainted steak story? Did you believe Tyler Hamilton's vanishing twin excuse too? Do these many people who say "CAS is killing cycling" enjoy being lied to?

CAS gifted the guy a way out by suggesting it was something more plausible like a contaminated supplement. They at least applied the penalties exactly as the rules dictate. They more or less did the right thing, they followed the rules.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't like cheats I dont people cheating I do belive in cheats getting thier just deserts. However it does annoy me when a cyclist is banned for 2 years for a small trace of clenbuterol and yet a Mexican football team with players tested positive are not sanctioned because of evidance suplied by a third party with a vested interest(fifa), that to me is very unjust.

Irish2009 said:
I don't like cheats I dont people cheating I do belive in cheats getting thier just deserts. However it does annoy me when a cyclist is banned for 2 years for a small trace of clenbuterol and yet a Mexican football team with players tested positive are not sanctioned because of evidance suplied by a third party with a vested interest(fifa), that to me is very unjust.

In Mexico the Clen use is widespread amongst the farmers so it's not that weird as it first seems.