• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is it worth it?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out in Front

BANNED
Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
For the non-cycling fan, this is waste of tax payers $$$’s for a federal inquiry. We are $12.5 Trillion in debt in this country (USA). Why are we wasting a single penny on something like this?.

It is hard to believe, given what has come out in recent years, that a single person in the peloton hasn't doped at some point in his career, including Lance. That said, this investigation, at this stage, isn't worth the millions of tax dollars, attorney hours (on both sides) it will cost, whatever the result. All doping issues aside, Lance is a great athlete, period. His comeback after cancer is impressive and inspiring. period. And the bottom line is that the Livestrong organization does good things for the sport, and for cancer research. People need to look beyond Lance's arrogance (he is, let's face it) and his fame grabbing to realize that at the most base level, he does stand for good, he inspires a lot of people, and he puts a lot of money where it can really matter. I'm not saying this investigation doesn't have merit, because it does. I'm just weighing the costs (to taxpayers, especially) and the benefits here.

If they're found guilty, they're disgraced for about 10 seconds, they MAY have to do a PSA that you see once and then, they go on Larry King Live, apologize to their families for "putting them through this" and get a hefty book deal.

Oh the humanity!!!

A

Anonymous

Public Strategies IN THA HIZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zero.jpg

I have not been on here long enough to know who BPC was but he totally got in your dome's, man he made you his bitc**s.

Anyway the cost argument is really not a significant issue, this is not an expense you should be worried about as a citizen of this fine country. We waste a lot more money on wars, oil spills and nation building that some dumb little investigation in LA.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
I have not been on here long enough to know who BPC was but he totally got in your dome's, man he made you his bitc**s.

Anyway the cost argument is really not a significant issue, this is not an expense you should be worried about as a citizen of this fine country. We waste a lot more money on wars, oil spills and nation building that some dumb little investigation in LA.

I am not sure who is discussed more...LA...or BPC?

I agree that the OP's original question may well have been discussed at length elsewhere...but it can seem hard to offer an opinion in an exisiting thread when they all descend so quickly off track into the name calling and "full 'tard" mode. Let him ask it.

And whilst I am on full mode...Thought....is that pic on one of the T shirts you wear?....It's really cool.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS