• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Lance a sociopath?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
StyrbjornSterki said:
Sociopath might be a bit harsh. Definitely antisocial with abandonment issues.

Antisocial Personality Disorder is the same thing as being a sociopath. It's the technical name. Some refer to the same condition as Dissocial personality disorder.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The label "Sociapath" conjurs up for many an image of somone deeply and obviously flawed when in fact many go about there lives in perfectly law abiding ways and its only behind closed doors with there nearest and dearest and close family is there the repercussions of the pathology.
Many are publicly very charming and may even be viewed as pillers of communities.
An inteligent , high functioning , wealthy and powerful one may even be George Bush.
Thats when there dangerous.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
The label "Sociapath" conjurs up for many an image of somone deeply and obviously flawed when in fact many go about there lives in perfectly law abiding ways and its only behind closed doors with there nearest and dearest and close family is there the repercussions of the pathology.
Many are publicly very charming and may even be viewed as pillers of communities.
An inteligent , high functioning , wealthy and powerful one may even be George Bush.
Thats when there dangerous.

The era of George Bush and the era of Lance coinciding makes good sense...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I think he is. He has no regard for anything other than his desires. Always been that way.

Too much time spent at an early age torturing (check appropriate item):
___runners
___swimmers
___cyclists
___small animals
___Texas

We all have it is us. Lance has more...of everything.

A

Anonymous

Black-Balled said:
I think he is. He has no regard for anything other than his desires. Always been that way.

Too much time spent at an early age torturing (check appropriate item):
___runners
___swimmers
___cyclists
___small animals
___Texas
___Horses/mules/donkeys (after all, it is Texas)

We all have it is us. Lance has more...of everything.

There, fixed that for you.

thehog said:
Saw this quote from 2006 - how funny!:-

Lance Armstrong, has also been basking in the reflected glory. “I’m glad that a guy who came through our programme has won,” Armstrong tells the Associated Press on Sunday. “We can take a small bit of credit for helping to develop Floyd.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article694622.ece

Even more funny:

Jonathan Vaughters, a former American professional, is one of many to offer support. “I believe Floyd is innocent,” he says. “The majority of T/E (testosterone/epitestosterone) tests are overturned at CAS (Sports Tribunal) level. The guy will probably be proven innocent in eight months’ time, but in the short term the media is killing him. Floyd is basically paying for the sins of all the morons who came before him who have denied, denied, denied. He’s going to take the fall for everyone who has cried wolf before him".

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Even more funny:

Jonathan Vaughters, a former American professional, is one of many to offer support. “I believe Floyd is innocent,” he says. “The majority of T/E (testosterone/epitestosterone) tests are overturned at CAS (Sports Tribunal) level. The guy will probably be proven innocent in eight months’ time, but in the short term the media is killing him. Floyd is basically paying for the sins of all the morons who came before him who have denied, denied, denied. He’s going to take the fall for everyone who has cried wolf before him".

nice find Hog, certainly Vaughters would not have passed Kant's bar of ethics. Most on here knew he was a false prophet.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Sociopaths have always been leaders. I beleive Stalin, Napoleon and Mao also fit the catagory.

i believe believe is spelt as believe...;)

Napoleon, Mao, Stalin and now Armstrong, you have followed some in your time..keep belIEving:rolleyes:

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
i believe believe is spelt as believe...;)

Napoleon, Mao, Stalin and now Armstrong, you have followed some in your time..keep belIEving:rolleyes:

ein mine alernitive univierse i spelt how i lik . Go Shack

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Napoleon, Chairman Mao and Stalin were pscyhopaths and many historians believe manic depressives.

Armstrong definitely possesses some sociopathic traits, but I'm not sure that would be the the correct diagnosis....

Webster/redtrevisio - If you're suggesting Bush was a sociopath because of the Iraqi/Afghanistan conflicts, then you need to add Obama, who is an unbelievably narcissistic pathelogical liar.

Saying during his campaign that he was gonna pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan if elected, but now has us in a 3rd foreign war!!!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
tockit said:
Napoleon, Chairman Mao and Stalin were pscyhopaths and many historians believe manic depressives.

Armstrong definitely possesses some sociopathic traits, but I'm not sure that would be the the correct diagnosis....

Webster/redtrevisio - If you're suggesting Bush was a sociopath because of the Iraqi/Afghanistan conflicts, then you need to add Obama, who is an unbelievably narcissistic pathelogical liar.

Saying during his campaign that he was gonna pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan if elected, but now has us in a 3rd foreign war!!!

I didn't mention Bush so why you're accusing me of suggesting Bush and then making the leap to Obama is deranged;)

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe ????

tubularglue said:
this is the strangest thread on the forum

Maybe we should add a whole new section to the cycling news road forum .
WE now have the Pro road racing , General , games and fantacy cycling and the clinic . What we really need is * The Institute * . In The Institute we can discuss all the really important mental issues of the Pro Racing Cyclist in great detail . WE can provide a bench to lay down on and a padded room for other higher problem cases . In extreme cases perhaps straight jackets to keep hands off the keyboards .
WE are now just waiting for the revolving Dr.s to come and give us all our medication. The meds are mandatory you know . :D

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
BECAUSE 3 Administrators did not have the "guts" to call time on this thread doesn't mean that WE NEED A SPELLING LESSON or "definitions" of various health issues !

Jealousy is a "mortal sin" according to some 2000 yo tablet but it still exists today !

Seems like a guy can create a $350M+ foundation and then take a bath in the vitriol that some of you pour out !

Started a Competition to help "para Athletes " but since none of you wish to help those in need , i am wasting time mentioning this !

TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR FOLKS AND LET US KNOW what you see !

Status
Not open for further replies.