• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Lance Feeling the Pressure (Contains adult words)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TeamSkyFans said:
Snipped f-bomb tweets...

Very unlike lance indeed. Three times today hes used the f-bomb. He should know he has kids etc following him.

Note: unavoidable swearing due to the nature of lances tweet.

Edit: see this is already in the is lance doping thread. Mods feel free to delete/merge

It just all seems so out of character, doesn't it?

D-Queued said:
What he said.

But, profiling, he probably was experimenting with stuff in his early teens...

This was a kid that soaked tennis balls in gasoline, lit them and launched them into the neighborhood with a tennis racket. He didn't stick within normal boundaries - ever. If he was so willing to cross legal and ethical boundaries with his flaming tennis balls, why would he try some hot stuff during triathlon? He was probably laughing to himself at all the mama's boys he was racing against.

What? No doping in triathlon you say? Just because athletics, swimming and cycling have long legacies doesn't mean that the combination sport would be tainted. Besides, no athlete from these other pursuits ever crossed over into the sissy sport.

His joy-riding was taken to a new level of self-reinforcement as soon as it started to make him dough and enough recognition to pick up chicks "hotter than donut grease". Eki spitting on Simeoni was merely a reflection of what Lance had been doing in his head to anyone since Papa Gunderson left.

Lance is smooth, smart and shrewd. He realizes that he can go only so far with his overt intimidation (though even his twitter feed underscores how difficult it is to keep himself reined in), that others will follow his lead, and pick up where he leaves off.

He gravitated to a sport that rewarded the behavior - in fact, arguably the sport that provides the greatest direct performance benefit from doping.

Unless someone stopped him, why would he?

Dave.

Not.

Dave.

hrotha said:
Wait a minute, this is about Lance cursing? Pfffff. I thought it was about him replying in a rude manner, on Twitter, on the internet, for everyone to see, to a stranger. Cursing is no big deal.

To a US Marine, after all that Pat Tillman man-love.

I guess Lance is all Rangers and no Leatherneck...

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Belizeancyclist you will never be a Lance Armstrong. Lance will reach into his pocketfull of courage and apologize to all about using foul language, just you wait. Please promise me, never ever snap my Lances' elastic again. Contrary to popular belief, Lance is mortal.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Sorry guys, I'm not a Twitterererer, so I find it difficult to see who is saying what to whom.

What a crap interface design if the newbie can't quickly figure-out what actor is saying which lines.

So Lance said FU to a US Marine. Lol.

thanks for finally saying what I've been thinking ever since this twittering thing exists.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Sorry guys, I'm not a Twitterererer, so I find it difficult to see who is saying what to whom.

What a crap interface design if the newbie can't quickly figure-out what actor is saying which lines.

So Lance said FU to a US Marine. Lol.

+1 cant figure it either, dont bother myself. maybe it's for those who aint got much to say i suppose or too much but cant articulate it in proper prose:rolleyes:

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I wondered what started the whole thing... turns out BC claims a buddy used his phone. Now he's kissing ar$e and making up. This twitter thing gets more lame by the day.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Lance had a heart:- not that he can spell!

lancearmstrong @BelizeanCyclist all good man. I'm sorery for the response too.
4 minutes ago*in reply to BelizeanCyclist

You see, Lance reached into his pocketful of courage, gulped hard and apologized. Even my Lance can make a mistake, and he admitted it.

pedaling squares said:
I wondered what started the whole thing... turns out BC claims a buddy used his phone. Now he's kissing ar$e and making up. This twitter thing gets more lame by the day.

Ok, now I'M confused.

This BC dude (or someone posing as him) slams Armstrong and throws out the EPO bomb.

Armstrong drops the big atomic F-Bomb on BC, but doesn't block him, thus allowing BC to apologize....twice?

Armstrong blocks people for simply asking him why he doesn't show up for a bike race in Belgium in the middle of winter, but a comment that elicits an F-Bomb slips under the ban hammer radar?

:confused:

Paraphernalia said:
How do you know he didn't block him? Maybe a third party tweeted about the apology.

BelizeanCyclist Eddie
@lancearmstrong first of all my apologies to you for that comment! It wasn't me..a friend had my phone while I was watching superbowl..

And then:

lancearmstrong Lance Armstrong
@BelizeanCyclist all good man. I'm sorery for the response too.

And there aren't any other tweets except between LA and BC.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
To a US Marine, after all that Pat Tillman man-love.

I guess Lance is all Rangers and no Leatherneck...

I will have to add that to the list of reasons I do not like Lance Armstrong. :D

Marines somehow have a way ......that can **** people off. :D

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
pedaling squares said:

This BC must be a POG! That is the only way he could be in the USMC and come off so ......weak sauce. ........Either that or his MOS was 1369.......:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Generally Lance just blocks people. Well that's what happened to me! I'd like to think that it was actually lance and not some PR guy who blocked me!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
You see, Lance reached into his pocketful of courage, gulped hard and apologized. Even my Lance can make a mistake, and he admitted it.

That's because he's a survivor. Haters never understand.

TRENDING THREADS