• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Petacchi riding aluminium?

I heard it was Di Luca that liked alu. I remember a comp in Ride bike mag about winning the same ride that Di Luca rode when he was on the liquigas-Bianchi team. And they had a piece on him liking alu bikes. Can someone else confirm if it is Di luca or petacchi?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
I heard it was Di Luca that liked alu. I remember a comp in Ride bike mag about winning the same ride that Di Luca rode when he was on the liquigas-Bianchi team. And they had a piece on him liking alu bikes. Can someone else confirm if it is Di luca or petacchi?

Based on CN's latest tech news, it does not seem that Di Luca prefers aluminium:

Danilo Di Luca (LPR Brakes-Farnese Vini) set off today with a new De Rosa King 3 RS that is supposedly 15 percent lighter and 18 percent stiffer than the current King 3 by virtue of an upgraded carbon fiber mix and new lay-up schedule.

Based on the current King 3's claimed weight, that would put Di Luca's frame close to the 800g mark though it's unclear at this point when this upgraded model might be available to consumers.

Otherwise, Di Luca's King 3 RS bears close resemblance to its standard King 3 cousin with the same seatmast head, two-piece aluminum dropouts, internal cable routing and smooth lines.

TRENDING THREADS