• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Silence-Lotto crazy?!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
“We are searching for an experienced doctor and he seemed like a good candidate. I have talked with him about his past and told him that if just one person from the team thinks that we might have problems that the deal will not go through,

That's a very promising precondition, because Cadel - given his background - will surely veto this blasphemous signing, right?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
What I find worst is the last paragraph of the article:

"Sergeant's testing of the waters about Ibarguren shows that progress is being made in the fight against doping in the sport. Once entities in cycling begin to see how the association with individuals related to doping activities can damage their image, as is the case here with Ibarguren, the clearer the anti-doping message will be at all levels of the sport."

No, the first sentence is wrong. Sergeant testing the waters! Progress in the wrong direction. If the author was sincere about anit-doping, they would have slammed such a suggestion No, just trying the same old routine...we are clean, he had an unfortunate rider on his team, blah, blah. Kohl, Dekker and now another dirty Spanish teams doctor. Guilty by association. It may not be fair but its true. These types of people have reputations. The writing is on the wall, especially in cycling circles. Sergeant and Lotto are trying to prey on the naivety and gullibillity of the general public who know no better in doping matters. They knew more or less what they have and are proposing of inviting into their sanctuary.

Christian Prudhomme, a sucker, knew that the DS of Saunier was hiding info about dirty team riders when they withdrew in 2008 from the TdF. He called the bluff. Given the complaining Silence have done in the past year over poor recruitment policies, this really shows the true nature of the team. Clean and gullible, or dirty and a combination of not being risk averse? I go with the later.

To Bala Verde, Cadel's response will be much in line with the teams with a small hint of his somewhat lack of approval to give the perception he is clean. Are Omege Pharma Lotto crazy? Yes to a degree. Or maybe they've caught on to something and want to continue in the winning fashion of the last month. But that is still madness.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
What I find worst is the last paragraph of the article:

"Sergeant's testing of the waters about Ibarguren shows that progress is being made in the fight against doping in the sport. Once entities in cycling begin to see how the association with individuals related to doping activities can damage their image, as is the case here with Ibarguren, the clearer the anti-doping message will be at all levels of the sport."

No, the first sentence is wrong. Sergeant testing the waters! Progress in the wrong direction. If the author was sincere about anit-doping, they would have slammed such a suggestion No, just trying the same old routine...we are clean, he had an unfortunate rider on his team, blah, blah. Kohl, Dekker and now another dirty Spanish teams doctor. Guilty by association. It may not be fair but its true. These types of people have reputations. The writing is on the wall, especially in cycling circles. Sergeant and Lotto are trying to prey on the naivety and gullibillity of the general public who know no better in doping matters. They knew more or less what they have and are proposing of inviting into their sanctuary.

Christian Prudhomme, a sucker, knew that the DS of Saunier was hiding info about dirty team riders when they withdrew in 2008 from the TdF. He called the bluff. Given the complaining Silence have done in the past year over poor recruitment policies, this really shows the true nature of the team. Clean and gullible, or dirty and a combination of not being risk averse? I go with the later.

To Bala Verde, Cadel's response will be much in line with the teams with a small hint of his somewhat lack of approval to give the perception he is clean. Are Omege Pharma Lotto crazy? Yes to a degree. Or maybe they've caught on to something and want to continue in the winning fashion of the last month. But that is still madness.
actually, you like most posters here are ignorant on Saunier.

The team was dirty. But what were the roles of the doctors.

I know someone who was clean and rode for Saunier.

The doc's were paranoid that the Spaniards on the team would keel over in the middle of the night. Because they were pushing it. Cobo the worst. They were thinking about getting rid of the Spanish contingent on the team, not the docs, the riders.

Then Ricco and Piepoli get nicked. Irony.

Nope, there was no systematic program at Saunier. No docs doing the insulin and epo for the riders.

But there was encouragement by the DS and management, to go to see a person. See: doctor. Outside. Get the help.

But not from the sports docs during the races, nope. I think there were atleast two clean guys on Saunier. I dont count Millar in that two neither.

I dont know what is going on at the moment tho.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
movingtarget said:
This really shows how clueless Lotto management is as many people have remarked in the past. Surely Evans would veto the idea or someone with a brain.

I like the implication. "Evans or someone with a brain".
I'd watch it if I were you. If he reads this forum you're screwed :p

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
actually, you like most posters here are ignorant on Saunier.

The team was dirty. But what were the roles of the doctors.

I know someone who was clean and rode for Saunier.

The doc's were paranoid that the Spaniards on the team would keel over in the middle of the night. Because they were pushing it. Cobo the worst. They were thinking about getting rid of the Spanish contingent on the team, not the docs, the riders.

Then Ricco and Piepoli get nicked. Irony.

Nope, there was no systematic program at Saunier. No docs doing the insulin and epo for the riders.

But there was encouragement by the DS and management, to go to see a person. See: doctor. Outside. Get the help.

But not from the sports docs during the races, nope. I think there were atleast two clean guys on Saunier. I dont count Millar in that two neither.

I dont know what is going on at the moment tho.

That might be true, but it's way easier to simply call the lotto management insane and bash on.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
That might be true, but it's way easier to simply call the lotto management insane and bash on.
yeah, I talked to someone at Columbia, and they would not touch anyone coming through Mauro Gianetti's outfit.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
yeah, I talked to someone at Columbia, and they would not touch anyone coming through Mauro Gianetti's outfit.

What about Marcel Wyss, wasn't he a trainee there? Quite a talented youngster, who could have been a great fit for Columbia. He went to Cervelo...

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
A PR nightmare.
As others have said, madeness, or maybe sheer desperation.
You would have though Gilbert and Rainbow Worrier had rescued their season.
This suggests otherwise.

Finally! The perfect name for Cadel! :D

TRENDING THREADS