• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What Walsh is actually doing is just sitting in the Sky car tweeting obvious **** like this

David Walsh ‏@DavidWalshST 1h
Froome riding in wheels of Saxos and his teammate Porte. After summit of Croix Fry there will be 12km descent to finish at Le Grand Bornand.

and

David Walsh ‏@DavidWalshST 45m
Rui Costa coming to flambe rouge, going to win his second stage.

He's having a pointless little holiday for himself paid for by News International is all.

Dr. Maserati said:
Of course one team is being fixated on. They are leading the Tour, and an extremely impressive opening mountain stage - all while making grand announcements about how clean they are.

Do you want him asking Euskaltel why they aren't falling off their bikes as much as usual?

That made me spit up my drink.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
What is obvious to me is how Walsh blatantly accepts everything Sky tells him. He doesn't dig deeper under the superficial level of the PR. He has not researched Bilharzia, not asked to look at Froome's nmbers before La Vuelta'11 and not quizzed Wiggin's on his transformation from Grupetto to TdF winner, Froome's incredible 'Belsen look', Froome's ability to attack up mountains and TT on the Flat better than everyone. All this things in the past have shown only one thing, doping.

Walsh is imo looking ahead to when he turns 60 shortly (less than 2 years) and retirement.

Benotti69 said:
What is obvious to me is how Walsh blatantly accepts everything Sky tells him. He doesn't dig deeper under the superficial level of the PR. He has not researched Bilharzia, not asked to look at Froome's nmbers before La Vuelta'11 and not quizzed Wiggin's on his transformation from Grupetto to TdF winner, Froome's incredible 'Belsen look', Froome's ability to attack up mountains and TT on the Flat better than everyone. All this things in the past have shown only one thing, doping.

Walsh is imo looking ahead to when he turns 60 shortly (less than 2 years) and retirement.

Dd Walsh manage to track those fans who were allegedly drinking beer on d'Huez?

Apparently some of them weren't French and may have been drunk.

Benotti69 said:

It's not surprising to me. That much I gleaned back in the day from Whittle's "Bad Blood." Walsh would appear to nod off during the anti-doping meetings, and then suddenly his eyes would shoot open every time he heard the words "Lance Armstrong" booming from the microphone.

Dutch Corner

thehog said:
Dd Walsh manage to track those fans who were allegedly drinking beer on d'Huez?

Apparently some of them weren't French and may have been drunk.

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-...y-irish-journalist-david-walsh-says-they-did/

Did Irish fans on Alpe d’Huez abuse Team Sky? Irish journalist David Walsh thinks so

How funny was that !! seems Team Sky were getting quite a lot of abuse. Dressing up as Surgeons, running alongside Porte and Froome squirting syringes at them...Team car being rocked. The media kept that all very quiet.

LaFlorecita said:
Why wasn't there this much outrage when Alberto and his team received the same type of "abuse" a few years ago

Or when those nasty German fans spat on Lance.

Apparently that was ok.

I feel sorry for Porte. When he was cheating d'huez by going back to the car to get food for the Dawg he was boo'ed by some fans.

Outrageous.

Lucky David Walsh is embedded in the Sky team to protect little Richie.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
WALSH ON THE CYCLE SHOW ITV4 - A MUST WATCH !!

He's on first..talking about Armstrong...and then about Sky on the Tour.

At 5.30mins he talks about travelling with Sky and the doping rumours and Froome.

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-cycle-show

Its truly strange about Walsh ! I just don't think he can be so stupid and naïve...and yet he is doing a good job of it.
not available in the netherlands.
:(

sniper said:
not available in the netherlands.
:(

He said Sky are not organising a doping programme, so if I rider was doping they were doing it on their own.

He made a strange point though. He found it inconsistent that the finger was pointed at the whole of Sky on Ax3, then following their spectacular failure the next day he said it was shifted to just Froome. I don't think anyone in here who believes there is doing at Sky believes it's just Froome. Maybe the general opinion shifted to just Froome, but I'm not sure anyone who really understands doping and believes that Sky are would think that.

Then, to defend Froome he said he turned down having his own room on the tour to share with Richie Porte. He said that surely if he was doping then he would want to be on his own, not sharing a room.

Errr... I'm pretty sure Richie Porte is the second most suspicious rider on Sky...

As a general point, The Cycle Show is terrible and no questions were asked on him. Most clinic posters wouldn't have been able to continue watching.

King Boonen said:
He said Sky are not organising a doping programme, so if I rider was doping they were doing it on their own.

He made a strange point though. He found it inconsistent that the finger was pointed at the whole of Sky on Ax3, then following their spectacular failure the next day he said it was shifted to just Froome. I don't think anyone in here who believes there is doing at Sky believes it's just Froome. Maybe the general opinion shifted to just Froome, but I'm not sure anyone who really understands doping and believes that Sky are would think that.

Then, to defend Froome he said he turned down having his own room on the tour to share with Richie Porte. He said that surely if he was doping then he would want to be on his own, not sharing a room.

Errr... I'm pretty sure Richie Porte is the second most suspicious rider on Sky...

As a general point, The Cycle Show is terrible and no questions were asked on him. Most clinic posters wouldn't have been able to continue watching.

Perhaps Walsh should have shared a room with Richie and Chrissy as well? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
Apparently there have been sightings of a sky TdF jersey signed by the team - and David Walsh.

He's gone native
:D

well, credit where credit is due.
buying walsh has been a clever move.
an absolute win-win situation for everyone involved.

boy do i hope the house of cards comes falling down soon.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
:D

well, credit where credit is due.
buying walsh has been a clever move.
an absolute win-win situation for everyone involved.

boy do i hope the house of cards comes falling down soon.

Be funny if Armstrong outed Walsh.......:D

Walsh

I think that interview signed and sealed any doubts that the Clinic may have had.

Its just bizarre that he hunted Armstrong for all those years and yet here he is being totally blinded by the Sky Tour and all the glitz and glamour.

He was gushing about the hotel room he was given, the massage available to him....the plush time he had on the Tour. He was positively in awe of it all. Unbelieveable....the man is a bafoon !

I thought this may be all a smokescreen to get in with Sky but Walsh is obviously not that intelligent.

Another kick in the teeth for us all.

Cycle Chic said:
I think that interview signed and sealed any doubts that the Clinic may have had.

Its just bizarre that he hunted Armstrong for all those years and yet here he is being totally blinded by the Sky Tour and all the glitz and glamour.

He was gushing about the hotel room he was given, the massage available to him....the plush time he had on the Tour. He was positively in awe of it all. Unbelieveable....the man is a bafoon !

I thought this may be all a smokescreen to get in with Sky but Walsh is obviously not that intelligent.

Another kick in the teeth for us all.

Happy ending?

TRENDING THREADS